riots new payment system isnt secure. dont use it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

common source

Recruiter

08-20-2013

My favorite part is that the info that people are clinging to about lying comes from a champion herald and an artist. Neither station has any credibility on this situation. It's like believing you're getting laid off because your janitor told you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeamerPZ

Junior Member

08-20-2013

Everyone relax. This happens all the time to every company. If you're so concerned about your credit cards. Cancel them and get new ones or just dispute any charges that aren't from you. Pretty simple.

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Relax.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Frosthaven

Senior Member

08-20-2013

In situations like this, there will always be more to the story than what is shared. The only important thing for us as members of the community is the safety of our personal data.

The best thing we can do is to simply not get involved at this point. Unless you want to aggravate the situation more, that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TippedSquid

Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...7&d=1377028913


riot completely forgot to mention an entire other part of their servers that was penetrated and lost data...that isnt league related.
seeing as that email was sent on the 17th and they posted on the 16th would indicate that they were wrong and not lying, they just did not have that information that the time they posted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vamp21

Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerPZ View Post
Everyone relax. This happens all the time to every company. If you're so concerned about your credit cards. Cancel them and get new ones or just dispute any charges that aren't from you. Pretty simple.

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Relax.
theres a lot more you can do with credit card information, thats a lot worse than "using the card"


just sayin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippedSquid View Post
seeing as that email was sent on the 17th and they posted on the 16th would indicate that they were wrong and not lying, they just did not have that information that the time they posted.
That's what I'm saying...

Riot was wrong about there not being a breach, but no idea why people are saying they lied.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vamp21

Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
That's what I'm saying...

Riot was wrong about there not being a breach, but no idea why people are saying they lied.
i choose to believe they're lying instead of being stupid, to be honest its like giving someone the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's lazy instead of mentally challenged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Retarded Clown

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Riot finally realizing the weaknesses of sticking to amateurs for professional issues.

Their servers, graphics and infrastructure teams are all well below par. I minor glitch should not be able to delay a champion release for upto 3-4 months especially since his mechanics are NOT something that needs to be separately hardcoded.

They've done a fairly decent job at SOME things recently but it seems asides from pro e-sports this season has had no other actual hook. There have been a few reworks most of which haven't really been anything special and done nothing to address original problems. Kat/Ryze/Gp/Trynd/Karma/Eve are still as problematic both in weaknesses and strengths but their unique aspects have been switched around and even deleted. Their situational but awesome power spikes were completely removed and exchanged for generic spells that are balanced based on numbers but the kits are much blander than before.

Their champion releases have been very meh and the patches have been sad. ZERO compensation for any shortcomings not even IP boosts and you can see how this season aside from good balance changes here and there (mixed with some terrible design decisions)has been lacking with the customer and probably somethng that would drive away players more and more.

Even a look at their e sports team sees a distinct lack of professionalism and management on so many levels, there's enthusiasm but it isn't mixed in with quality.

We have a bunch of enthusiastic game devs who made it big but aren't sure how or who to hire for actual efficiency.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
i choose to believe they're lying instead of being stupid, to be honest its like giving someone the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's lazy instead of mentally challenged.
Well that's your opinion to think they're lying.

I think they was wrong in their initial response.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TippedSquid

Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
theres a lot more you can do with credit card information, thats a lot worse than "using the card"


just sayin.
like what?