riots new payment system isnt secure. dont use it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by orghak 6 View Post
It's on the front page of LoL.
So being wrong that there was a breach = lying? I doubt they would lie about there being a breach if they was aware of it. They most likely didn't notice the breach till they conducted a through investigation and found it.

Master Yi is UP

08-20-2013

Quote:
Idiot. The hacker contacted him. Yi was one of the first people that attempted to shed light on this and Riot's cover up.
He never revealed any confidencial to me- I am merely one of the people who grasped some info out of Jason threads.

Frosthaven

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Lightning View Post
thats still not a good thing lol u make it sound like it doesnt matter just because its a ''receipt"
You can't blame them for saying that tbh. I currently have no reason to believe that the people behind this have any actual credit card information, but they do have things that belong to Riot.

However, I'm proceeding with caution.

OneVendetta

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Some clarification here - the transaction IDs are randomly generated guids and do not contain any information about credit cards or other billing info.

this is entirely separate from the hashed cards that were used for a specific payment system in 2011. these transaction IDs do not reveal anything about your billing or payment information. they are basically equivalent to receipt numbers.
Too bad. I won't ever be buying RP anymore. U got hacked, u either compensate REALLY well those affected, or 90%+ of them wont ever buy RP again.

vamp21

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
So being wrong that there was a breach = lying? I doubt they would lie about there being a breach if they was aware of it. They most likely didn't notice the breach till they conducted a through investigation and found it.
they're not revealing the magnitude of the breach on purpose, theres more to it.

TippedSquid

08-20-2013

Quote:
It's on the front page of LoL.
you mean this
Quote:
Additionally, we are investigating that approximately 120,000 transaction records from 2011 that contained hashed and salted credit card numbers have been accessed. The payment system involved with these records hasn't been used since July of 2011, and this type of payment card information hasn't been collected in any Riot systems since then. We are taking appropriate action to notify and safeguard affected players. We will be contacting these players via the email addresses currently associated with their accounts to alert them. Our investigation is ongoing and we will take all necessary steps to protect players.
?

vamp21

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippedSquid View Post
you mean this ?
what about the rest of the things that got taken, outside of lol accts/passwords/customer info/credit card info from before april 2011?

theres more that got stolen, im just being queit cuz i dont want to deal with the legal lashback thats gonna ensue in a month from now.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
they're not revealing the magnitude of the breach on purpose, theres more to it.
They did in their recent announcement. Like I said they was wrong about the initial analysis of the situation thinking it wasn't a breach in their servers till they conducted a through investigation.

FrozenXylaphone

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
what about the rest of the things that got taken, outside of lol accts/passwords/customer info/credit card info from before april 2011?

theres more that got stolen, im just being queit cuz i dont want to deal with the legal lashback thats gonna ensue in a month from now.
pretty sure "accts/passwords/customer info/credit card" covers all that we care about. Anything else he took would be between the hacker and riot and not really our business and announcement worthy; unless he boosted people's elos and banned accounts or something.

Nerd Bird

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Some clarification here - the transaction IDs are randomly generated guids and do not contain any information about credit cards or other billing info.

this is entirely separate from the hashed cards that were used for a specific payment system in 2011. these transaction IDs do not reveal anything about your billing or payment information. they are basically equivalent to receipt numbers.
lmao just like how Riot said there wasnt a security breach of any kind? I dont believe ANY of this. Hide your kids, hide your wife, cuz hackers be all up in here.