riots new payment system isnt secure. dont use it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGosuStandard

08-20-2013

I think it's time for Tryndamere and Ryze to show up to solve this issue. They have done it before.

TippedSquid

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by orghak 6 View Post
After the cover up and the attempt of Riot to keep this silent, I wouldn't hesitate too much in joining.
are you ill? If they wanted to keep this silent then why did they post about it? Top post on the forums and its on the first page, that is not Riot trying to keep this silent.

Ammiravus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Some clarification here - the transaction IDs are randomly generated guids and do not contain any information about credit cards or other billing info.

this is entirely separate from the hashed cards that were used for a specific payment system in 2011. these transaction IDs do not reveal anything about your billing or payment information. they are basically equivalent to receipt numbers.
We've been told to await gifts, followed by nothing happening. (This being when servers were acting up, other regions got compensation. We were told the same would happen here, but nothing came of it.)
On this matter, we were told it was a troll and there was nothing to worry about.

I'm finding it incredibly hard to trust you guys anymore.

Volor Flex

08-20-2013

Noones getting hacked. Settle down there folks.

orghak 6

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippedSquid View Post
are you ill? If they wanted to keep this silent then why did they post about it? Top post on the forums and its on the first page, that is not Riot trying to keep this silent.
Were you here the day it happened? How about 3 days after?

How about when 2 Riot accounts declared it was a troll and said that all posts relating to it would be deleted and Ops banned?

Still think they didn't try to cover it up?

Cyndikate

08-20-2013

First the ping spikes, and the freezes, and the dcs and crashes during games, and now some hacker has access to your credit cards?

What the **** is with Riot? I feel like the game is being run by incompetence. No offense Riot, but I feel like that you don't know how to run your client.

Gum Cuzzlin

08-20-2013

Quote:
After the cover up and the attempt of Riot to keep this silent, I wouldn't hesitate too much in joining.
To be 100% honest, I don't even think a boycott is necessary. Riot is going belly up 2013, and they are doing it themselves.

Volor Flex

08-20-2013

Quote:

How about when 2 Riot accounts declared it was a troll and said that all posts relating to it would be deleted and Ops banned?

That wasn't Riot tho. That was someone who had their account.

TippedSquid

08-20-2013

Quote:

let me explane how companys deal with this, they dont scare people. they have to do a lot in order to keep the information they are saying is true. You can just go gun blazing into something causing mass scare because of an assumption.

Quote:
They were in fact hacked, and looking back at it now makes a hole lot of sense.

lightdragoon88

08-20-2013

"OMG I want Riot to answered us on these hacks"

*Riot answered*

"OMG I don't believe you. I want a Riot to answered how I want them to answered or I won't believe it."

GG Forum.