riots new payment system isnt secure. dont use it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vamp21

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippedSquid View Post
like what?

full scale identity theft. happened to someone i know, where a lost credit card ended up resulting in being locked out of their bank account completely for a few months until they proved who they were.

TippedSquid

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
i choose to believe they're lying instead of being stupid, to be honest its like giving someone the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's lazy instead of mentally challenged.
Ok well because you dont know my real name, you must be stupid right? Thats what your saying, just because they dont have the info when they say something doesnt mean that they are lying.

Rastamon Ganja

08-20-2013

So Riot accounts have been hacked, should i cancel my credit card? Why is Riot being hush hush about this? am i at risk at getting my credit card hacked?

orghak 6

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamon Ganja View Post
So Riot accounts have been hacked, should i cancel my credit card? Why is Riot being hush hush about this? am i at risk at getting my credit card hacked?
Unfortunately, we have to make these decisions for ourselves, because Riot is not being frank with us. So if you're truly afraid, then yes.

Volor Flex

08-20-2013

Quote:
No. You're fine.

Gum Cuzzlin

08-20-2013

Quote:
They don't want to lose $$, thats why they are being Hushhush.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/app...civ1798_82.htm

They are a scumbag company, someone is bound to get Identify ****ed and sue there a$$.

BeamerPZ

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
theres a lot more you can do with credit card information, thats a lot worse than "using the card"

just sayin.

Very hard to steal an identity off just a credit card number. If you don't monitor your credit reports monthly and protect yourself from identity theft, then you're just asking for it.

Maybe people will learn to protect themselves instead of blaming others.

orghak 6

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerPZ View Post
Very hard to steal an identity off just a credit card number. If you don't monitor your credit reports monthly and protect yourself from identity theft, then you're just asking for it.

Except that this is completely in Riot's area to be blamed if a malicious hacker has easy access to this information because of incompetence on their end.

Gum Cuzzlin

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerPZ View Post

Thats no excuse. Be real, this isn't a game anymore. Theres no "restart" button on identity theft, it will follow you till the day you die.

GD Hero

08-20-2013

How deep does the fkin rabbit hole go?
Oh wait, can't expect straight answers from Riot.