Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chager

Producer

08-20-2013
7 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFloss View Post
I have a question about the AMEX serve. I just signed up for it before I changed the password on my account. I used my old password for the AMEX login, do I need to tell AMEX my new password or how does this LoL password change affect (if at all) the AMEX account.

Also, does this incident affect Paypal users? Since I know PP uses a separate login?
Thanks.
As long as your authentication went through on the initial sign up, you are good to go. That initial auth creates a relationship that doesn't require log in credentials (so PW updates aren't necessary).

Also Paypal users will not be affected by this.

Uke Yordle

08-20-2013

eh, i foresaw this and had a password on standby to replace my old one, just wanted to wait for the announcement :P

MrFloss

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
As long as your authentication went through on the initial sign up, you are good to go. That initial auth creates a relationship that doesn't require log in credentials (so PW updates aren't necessary).

Also Paypal users will not be affected by this.
Thanks! Appreciate the answer.

FaZe Error

08-20-2013

What is this ??!?!?!?

Jayarrrrr

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawke View Post
They did say they were aware of the issue and that they were investigating further.
Please read the post if you are going to reply to it. This was not done until several DAYS had past, and several hundred threads/players were banned, muted, moved, edited, ect. already.

Skyhawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarrrrr View Post
Please read the post if you are going to reply to it. This was not done until several DAYS had past, and several hundred threads/players were banned, muted, moved, edited, ect. already.
Please read the post I quoted. That is the post I was replying to. Don't make blanket statements "Riot chooses not to say ANYTHING" when what you just stated here in the quotes is more accurate.

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

is "Xperiment" not banned yet? Is there a reason he wouldn't be banned? What happened to me can happen to anyone, apparently.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xperiment_4.jpg (149.3 KB, 140 views)

Cuix

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcione View Post
Mine was and I still had to, it was also mandatory for it to be different.
That is completely disgusting.

kaka24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

What will happen if i didnt change my password?

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarrrrr View Post
use logic. Red was hacked to say it was all a troll. What would have happened if red posted saying issue was brought to their attention?

1. that post could be hacked too
2. give hacker info that his time is limited so he better up his game