Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undeath14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2013

Hi there.

I reset my password, but the password I thought I used is not working. Help desk tickets are going unanswered and for whatever reason there is currently no password recovery in place. When will this be fixed?

-UD

Muave

08-24-2013

I am having the same problem....I can't log in...password worked fine yesterday, but not today....help! And when you try to 'cheat' your way around and say you 'don't remember' your password, it takes you to a screen where you have to enter your password to continue...uggggg!

ugg aversion!
Ok, after cut and pasting from my password program, and retyping...over and over and OVER again, on about the 30th try (not an exaggeration) it finally worked...now how do I change it to something WAY easier to type at least?!!!!

Undeath14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2013

Yes, it is quite ridiculous. The solution to a security issue is not to lock out your entire player base.

Trenchbeast

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeath14 View Post
Hi there.

I reset my password, but the password I thought I used is not working. Help desk tickets are going unanswered and for whatever reason there is currently no password recovery in place. When will this be fixed?

-UD
Okay, i finally got what the riot team is trying to tell us. At the top of this page is shows your account name logout and support. click logout. then click login and hit forgot pasword. It will prompt you to input your account name and an email with the link will be sent to the email registered to the account. YOU MUST BE LOGGED OUT OF THE SITE FOR THIS TO WORK.

KatsumotoOsaka

08-24-2013

You need to fix your password system. It says that it requires between 8 and 30 characters with at least 1 number and one letter yet it won't let me input a 8 character password that meets these requirements.

FIX THIS! I hate long passwords and it is currently something that i may struggle to remember.

This is actually something that may make me stop playing league if i have to always recover my password to get on.

TTH14005

08-24-2013

Why i try to log in to the game it show up PVP.net Kernel stop working who know?

Tyr Howl

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruco View Post
Passwords must be between 8 and 30 characters long, contain at least 1 number, contain no slashes or spaces, and must not be easily guessable. Now, "not easily guessable" is what seems to be tripping up a lot of people so I'll try to provide a bit more detail into what this means.

Account thieves are very good at guessing passwords because most people tend to use the same password for multiple websites and use a predictable word and letter combinations (i.e. password1 or sunshine5). This means your account information can be stolen on one website, but then potentially used on another. For this reason, the password strength meter detects if a password is 'instantly crackable' by checking if you are using a word from a list which hackers have used in the past to steal other accounts. If a word in your password appears in this list, then it drastically reduces the strength. Strong passwords are unique to the person using them, but hard for someone else (or a machine) to guess.

Example of a weak password:
sunshine1989

Example of a strong password:
correcthorsebatterystaple5
WOW!!! sooo you use the same password for everything.
Thanks for calling some to most of all the players of LOL
stupid people who only come up with one password.

I can probably guarantee thats wrong for most LOL players.
since starting an account, and coming up with a 8 digit password
that was moderate/ok was hard enough already to YOUR STANDARDS.
and That was BEFORE THE HACKING

toxic024

08-25-2013

i am recaminding a way to turn the screen the purple side is rilly geten to be a pane cuse you are bline prity much and i can say for a lot of your players that thay will back me up

shadowmaster19

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchbeast View Post
Okay, i finally got what the riot team is trying to tell us. At the top of this page is shows your account name logout and support. click logout. then click login and hit forgot pasword. It will prompt you to input your account name and an email with the link will be sent to the email registered to the account. YOU MUST BE LOGGED OUT OF THE SITE FOR THIS TO WORK.
this guy figured out how to recover the account that are having difficulty logging back in

Eatmy310tsh

08-25-2013

Wait wut did riot then lied to us?