Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dyfrgi

08-23-2013

Could we get a response on the issue with password reset emails?

I'm having the same problem - no reply from support, and there are other folks in the thread I made who've been waiting longer for a reply from support. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3795128

Seriously - I'm not logged in when I'm trying this. I opened a new incognito window, even. I click the "forgot password" link, punch in my username, and... an email never arrives. I tried the same thing on a different account and it works fine, so it's clear that this is happening to some accounts and not others.

And before you ask, YES, I'm sure I remember what email address it's associated with. I can see in the logs on the server when it gets the email for my smurf account; there's no contact at all for an email to reset the password on my main.

This is a real problem, it's not that we don't know how to get to the password reset dialog.

(I'm only able to post this from my main because I happen to still be logged in to the forums on my work computer)

MoufasaVonNinja

08-23-2013

I want my goddamn password to stay the same and the ****ing one I have now is strong enough. Why the **** am I not allowed to change it, and then change it again to my previous password. I will stop playing this ****ing game if that is the case. Riot can suck its own dick while simultaneously having its head up its ass until I get the option to reuse passwords. Or my password can just be "****R10T"

backwardman77

08-23-2013

because theres alot to steal off a FREE TO PLAY game why the **** are they so uptight about passwords just change your password then change it back to the one u had thats what i did
i had no help from support i had to hack my **** back

Shxxx

08-23-2013

i dont get why we even have to switch our password? im not gonna remember it

The Strateg1st

08-23-2013

Its always nice to see that people actually care

Shxxx

08-23-2013

its just getting me mad i gotta switch a letter or put like 5 numbers? ...

AngelicPact

08-23-2013

so can we log in now or is that un safe :?

zanertheman

08-23-2013

But why do we "HAVE" to? I am still confused

Spirit Devouer

08-23-2013

The first small patch still isn't working for me, idk if i'm the only one though (i doubt it)

iamwise

08-23-2013

ok quick question i need to change my password i get that, but i enter the requirements that it states 8-30 letters and numbers and i get its to week if it fits the requirement then it should be ok?