Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Briars

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambio View Post
i changed my password now my new one does not work to log back in.. tickets been in there for 6 hours.. would love a response..
try 48+ hours with a ticket active...

Abby54321

08-22-2013

god dam you need to fix thr forgot password **** now the new had to change my password got me loked out of my account i am only typeing because i was already logged in!!!!!!!

Sporadic P0tato

08-22-2013

So, I tried to log into the client today at a different computer, and I received an error message saying my old password was incorrect, making it impossible for me to change. For the helluvit, I tried logging into my smurf account. Same thing. A lot of people seem to be getting this problem and the excuse is something to do with being logged into the forums already? Well, I know for a fact my home comp was not logged in, either the client or the forums, as it was OFF. Even if I were logged in, it'd be impossible for me to be logged into both accounts at the same time on the same computer.

So I came home and tried it on my normal comp, and everything worked fine. Still, SOMETHING about this is absurdly fishy. It makes no sense to me that the client would refuse to recognize my info on one comp, and give it the thumbs up on another. This, exacerbated by everyone else's issues that they are experiences, leaves me very concerned. What is going on? I'm not feeling particular secure about my account right now, and you guys haven't done anything in the way of reassurance from the looks of it. If I log out will it be impossible to log back in like all these other folks? What the hell am I supposed to do now?

TET Rifraction

08-22-2013

The password was changed on all three of my accounts (unable to log in), although I had just recently changed them to a 16 character password containing uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters. I happened to remember the email to one of them thus being able to post. I don't know if it's because all three of my accounts were hacked or if it was because of riots mandatory password reset, even though I had reset them recently.

IchooseEntei

08-22-2013

fix the ****ing servers riot!

dillard66

08-23-2013

do u know the best way to stop a lag that keeeps coming up over and over again because i mean like u did say u were a live producer at riot

Ripzz

08-23-2013

well i got my account back without Riots help lol. I just had to do what some others in this discussion had to do to get it. But I am pretty happy I can play and spend money on this game again. Password is finally changed but it took me awhile to finally get one :/ pretty insane. But yeah, I hope everyone gets their accounts back.

abcdchris

08-23-2013

after i change my password, lol client crashes
fix the ****ing server

backwardman

08-23-2013

u guys do this **** to steal money i can see it now let people pay for skins and boosts let them play for a bit then delete there password.....u guys get payed and no sever space is taken up your a ****ed up team and im sad the **** game got so big but people are just passing the time tell ES comes out so i cant wait to see this **** game go down....i liked the game its just y pay and play into a game that cant even remember your password- has bugs (new ones to) each week and a staff that so overworked they never get back to your just tell me that pvp.net....nice battle.net rip off

backwardman

08-23-2013

yea ill find a way to make people hate this game it only takes one to **** **** up just give me my account back or i wage a war on this game and u wont like who i am in the real world.....i have enough money to bye this **** game out from under your incompetent team i think i will just so i can dive this **** show in to the ground yall suck dick of money anyway