Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1fd5b3602e01bf6f9acc2

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruco View Post
You may already be logged into an account. You will need to log out to recover your password. Check the top right-hand corner of the website. (screen cap attached)
I tryed that before but its not sending me the email so im stuck with nothing though my account is hardrockwolf, but yeah i typed it in said it sent it and i looked and nothing, yes i looked in spam folder as well

ULT skunkodor

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruco View Post
You may already be logged into an account. You will need to log out to recover your password. Check the top right-hand corner of the website. (screen cap attached)

I have logged out restarted and tried again and still nothing it is as if my account has no password at all anymore. My ticket has now been in que for nearly 30 hours now which makes your response time worse than blizzard and I didn't think that to be possible.

Likal

08-22-2013

Short version: http://xkcd.com/936/

Please rethink your "password strength" standards. Whatever those standards are, they are using flawed logic. For example, the potential password "thisisjustahugetestofthesystem" is deemed "too weak" despite containing 30 characters (which is think is the maximum allowed), where as "a1b2c3d4e5" or even "a1a1a1a1a1a1" would be accepted. Don't force those of us who have perfectly legitimate passwords to jump through the hoops of an obtuse system, because people will make stupid passwords in ANY system. And as the comic will point out with math, the system you're using runs on an incorrect assumption in the first place.

TheeJudge

08-22-2013

Don't know if you tried this skunk, but log out of the website login, then hit login, then at the bottom click forgot password, then it should prompt you for your username, enter that and it should let you change your password without knowing it. I was as worried as you until someone else said this on another thread and it worked. Hope it works for you. Best of luck

ULT skunkodor

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeJudge View Post
Don't know if you tried this skunk, but log out of the website login, then hit login, then at the bottom click forgot password, then it should prompt you for your username, enter that and it should let you change your password without knowing it. I was as worried as you until someone else said this on another thread and it worked. Hope it works for you. Best of luck

Yeah I keep trying this but it just asks me my account name and then says it sends me an e-mail but I never get it. I noticed others have had this problem as well and it just seems like it's not close to any resolution. I was really looking forward to this lucian bundle and hecarim discount too

IS1fd5b3602e01bf6f9acc2

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULT skunkodor View Post
Yeah I keep trying this but it just asks me my account name and then says it sends me an e-mail but I never get it. I noticed others have had this problem as well and it just seems like it's not close to any resolution. I was really looking forward to this lucian bundle and hecarim discount too
i been waiting on lucian all this time as well and its like the day before he comes out then this all happens and its like wtf... seriously i think they should have a support line you should be able to call cause the wait for them to fill out the request tickets are takeing forever.

TheeJudge

08-22-2013

Wow and you checked your spam as well? thats terrible i thought that would work.

Gix77

08-22-2013

Really annoyed at how much different it made me make my password I don't think it was needed to force people to have what you call strong passwords

ULT skunkodor

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeJudge View Post
Wow and you checked your spam as well? thats terrible i thought that would work.
Yeah kind of sucks checked spam and every e-mail account known to man just to be sure...... nothing!

IS1fd5b3602e01bf6f9acc2

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULT skunkodor View Post
Yeah kind of sucks checked spam and every e-mail account known to man just to be sure...... nothing!
i feel your pain i did the same thing as well