Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Security Update Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramageddon

08-22-2013

I have been locked out since yesterday afternoon with no reply from support. I can't even get the account to send me my recovery e-mail. I have like 5 smurf accounts that work just fine but this account tells me my old or what I thought to be new password are incorrect. I just want to be able to play on the account I invested hundreds of dollars. So frustrated just get to stare at lucian log in screen. (skunkodor)

dacocobaggins

08-22-2013

so. . . i just lost my account because i went to change my password like i was asked to, and something went wrong, because my account no longer has a password to match its username. ?? even when i go to forgot password it tells me to type in my current password and when i do it is not working please help i don't know what went wrong.

Hellsaw

08-22-2013

Well I just had to change my password then change it back, thanks.

Veruco

Associate Product Manager

08-22-2013

Quote:
dacocobaggins:
so. . . i just lost my account because i went to change my password like i was asked to, and something went wrong, because my account no longer has a password to match its username. ?? even when i go to forgot password it tells me to type in my current password and when i do it is not working please help i don't know what went wrong.

You may already be logged into an account. You will need to log out to recover your password. Check the top right-hand corner of the website. (screen cap attached)

log out.PNG

deidraprince

08-22-2013

Ever since this whole password reset thing,I have been unable to log in on MY laptop only. I successfully reset my password, but i still cant log in. It says that the server isn't responding and gives me a log in error message. I tried logging in on my brothers laptop and it accepted the new password just fine. When I attempt to log in on MY laptop then, I receive the error message. This happens for all username/password combinations tried on MY laptop, even when i tried to log in with my brothers information. I have read attempted several tech support solutions from riot, but nothing has changed. PLEASE HELP

falkenjeff

08-22-2013

Quote:
chpstrkn:
really and does it ask for your pass word to retrieve it? well if you can READ it ask's for your " current password " to reset it. jee if I had it I wouldn't be asking, if the one I changed it to yesterday worked, I wouldn't need to retrieve it

Nope, because I logged out first. Silly.

Jeanpaul II

08-22-2013

I want to know what you are going to do about stolen credit information left on your servers. This is a serious situation that requires immediate attention!

tipsomally1

08-22-2013

The new password requirement for this game is ridiculous. I had to spend 5 minutes coming up with a password strong enough to secure a free to play account so strangers couldnt access my account...and do what exactly? buy me gylphs with IP? I have bank accounts with easier passwords. **** off. Next gen consoles ftw.

Jeanpaul II

08-22-2013

In all of your announcements yo have not placed a date in witch this info was compromised. i wish to look over my bank statments for fraudulent charges but I dont know how far back to check?!

karess

08-22-2013

Yo, riot... your reset seems to be b0rked.

When I entered my updated info the reset logic kept telling me that username/password was incorrect.

I tried logging out and logging back in and I kept getting this "username/password incorrect".

There was never a "you've updated your infoz have fun playing games and spending money!"

Which i wanted to do, because I'm a little drunk and the new horse skin looks super boss (or very elton john, whatever).

I messed w/ this for about 10 mins, read some of these posts, and thought, "they probably threw this together pretty f@$#king fast".

That seems to be the case. After backing out and then logging on using the FIRST new password I tried w/ I was able to access my new account.

If this has already been addressed please neg me into oblivion.