Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LairyRover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

I received this email out of the blue :\

Kinja Kid

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
Hi all,

My name is Chager and I'm a live producer here at Riot. I wanted to open this thread so we can centralize discussion/questions/concerns about today's security announcement:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...password-reset

We'll have Rioters monitoring this forum and the comments section of the front page article for questions, and will also help direct folks to the right areas if you're having trouble resetting passwords or accessing your account.

Thanks,
-Chager

Update 1 = Our PS team has created a knowledge base article that details steps to take in case of credit card fraud. https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...dit-Card-Fraud
This password thing just screwed me over... I changed my password and now can't log in after the Lucian patch what the hell.

chpstrkn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

ok, ok ,ok ,so I reset the dang thing yesterday, today I cant remember it exactly, now i'm just out of luck.

go ahead and try to use the dang " I forgot my password" it REQUIRES me to use it to get it????? wtf riot, if I forgot it how am I supposed to use it to retrieve it? and if I could enter it to use it to retrieve it I wouldn't need to retrieve it. even a preteen can understand that. how about a fix so we can get our passwords right, your forced the change now lets get it right so people can get used to the new one. how about you send an e-mail to the user's e-mail account with the info? how about something that will actually work.

ExiledSøulz

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Transfers are blocked while they figure out how to stop the hacker from getting passwords because the hacker was sending people to other servers as a joke.
This is to stop any further people from being sent to LAS that don't want to be sent there.
There is your information.
I'm sure transfers will be back soon, in the meantime why don't you send in a support ticket asking them if they can transfer you instead.
Thx bro now i know is not my account the trouble ...

chpstrkn

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
@Chess 435 - Yes, even if you have a strong password you'll be required to change it. However, if you've changed your password since the maintenance last night, you won't be required to as you would have used the new pw standards we put in place

yes we had to change them. ok so how do we get them to work now that the new patch is out and it no longer accepts the new one or the old on. when you try to use the "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" it requires that you enter the password, stupid if I could enter it to get it I wouldn't need to get it because I would have it. sorry about it but when we can't use our passwords to log in we aint gonna be playin or buying anything!!

falkenjeff

08-22-2013

"forgot password" link works for me. =\

Chager

Producer

08-22-2013
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpstrkn View Post
yes we had to change them. ok so how do we get them to work now that the new patch is out and it no longer accepts the new one or the old on. when you try to use the "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" it requires that you enter the password, stupid if I could enter it to get it I wouldn't need to get it because I would have it. sorry about it but when we can't use our passwords to log in we aint gonna be playin or buying anything!!
When you try to change your PW, are you logged into the forums? If you're already logged in and attempt to change your PW, it'll assume you know it. If you can't remember it log out and then click the "forgot PW" link at the bottom of the login window. This will send you an email to reset your PW without knowing the current one.

Thanks for the feedback on this though; we recognized that it's not the ideal flow and are working on better ways to identify whether or not you're logged in and what you'd need to do for account changes.

Chager

Producer

08-22-2013
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramageddon View Post
I logged in on the site today once to change my password but it kicked me out and now it just says I have the wrong username and password and it won't send the forgot password link to my e-mail. Tried to protect my acct and now I can't even use it (skunkodor).
I notice you're posting with one account, but you listed another one in your post. There are a lot of folks who use 2 accounts; one for the forums and one for the client (esp. if you have 1 or more smurfs). If you're logged into the forums and you try to change a pw from the link on the login page, you'll actually be changing the account you are logged into on the web.

We're fixing this logic shortly so it'll automatically log you out of the website so you won't accidentally change PW for the wrong account.

chpstrkn

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
"forgot password" link works for me. =\

really and does it ask for your pass word to retrieve it? well if you can READ it ask's for your " current password " to reset it. jee if I had it I wouldn't be asking, if the one I changed it to yesterday worked, I wouldn't need to retrieve it

007moveemnorth

08-22-2013

this has to be the stupidest thing ever!!!!!!!! how are you guys going to tell me what my password can and can't be. and why did it have to be like 12 or more letters/numbers before it would finally tell me it is ok and why did i have to change it after i already logged in. you guys need to let people CHOOSE THERE OWN PASSWORD. this right here will make so many people stop playing league just becaue they can't have there password be what they would like it to be.