Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleshakai

08-21-2013

No that isn't tripping people up Veruco, it's the fact that you guys are going to utterly RIDICULOUS lengths to protect FREE ONLINE GAME ACCOUNTS.

It's gotten to the point where I can't use a variant of a password that has been strong enough for banks, been strong enough for my work(which is a government agency), been strong enough for a credit card company... for a game. I'll be honest, I was gearing up to buy the new Janna skin and the new Leona skin... but I don't think I'll keep playing if I have to use some ultra-retarded password for this so why bother?

Password security is one thing, but taking it to an absolutely pathetic extreme... that just makes me not want to log in at all because it just reminds me of how ridiculous you guys have gotten.

What is happening with your login reminds me of what happened with airports like a decade ago, and it sickens me.

TEXsupport

08-21-2013

so this update has made unplayible for me. when I log in the launcher it tells me I need to change my pass inorder to play but even after i have changed my pass it still tells i need to update my pass inorder to play.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruco View Post
-snipped for post fatness-
Veruco, or any Red,
Some of us are worried concerning the hackers claims that he knows the CEO of Riot, that you guys don't want to catch him, that a Rioter is the one leaking information to him.
Rioters play games with the people he is most associated with. It's even claimed that he WAS RiotJay.
We know it's probably not true, but we would like clarification on this if at all possible, because the longer the hack issues(that are still occurring after this password change) go on without any further explanation from Riot, the weirder/scarier this whole situation becomes for some of us.

Chuck a Brick

08-21-2013

This is bs i have to use a rediculous password ill never remember... riot this is gay

TheRealJJ

08-21-2013

So I have a password I use at my job (The Federal Reserve), yet its not strong enough for this game?

CSilver

08-21-2013

Alright I changed my password. Those *****ing about the password complexity policy, it's pretty damn standard. Learn to deal with it.

Now question for Riot:

I don't recall using my credit card but only paypal purchases. However, how can I be sure in the last few years that I did not for some reason use it once and it was stored? Anyway to have something tell me a credit card was on file. Not what it is/was in any way just Yes or No.

Thanks.

Olive Fleas

08-21-2013

I'm unable to change my password. I continue to get "invalid password" even though I've entered the right password... Little help please?

Eleshakai

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSilver View Post
Alright I changed my password. Those *****ing about the password complexity policy, it's pretty damn standard. Learn to deal with it.

Now question for Riot:

I don't recall using my credit card but only paypal purchases. However, how can I be sure in the last few years that I did not for some reason use it once and it was stored? Anyway to have something tell me a credit card was on file. Not what it is/was in any way just Yes or No.

Thanks.
No, actually, it's not. This is significantly more secure than almost ANYTHING else you can find anywhere. I've tried 3 different passwords at this point that have been secure enough for BANKING and CREDIT CARD websites as well as my work(again, government intranet) and none of them are good enough for LoL. I had to go back to an old password that used to be considered 'weak' back in the day by a lot of websites that is apparently now stronger than every other password I have despite being shorter, easier to guess, and have fewer numbers. Baffling.

BooredMaan

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Fleas View Post
I'm unable to change my password. I continue to get "invalid password" even though I've entered the right password... Little help please?
I'm getting the same thing. It's like anything Riot does is wrong lol.

halpmehplz

08-21-2013

Can we opt-out of your super strong i'm just going to have to write it down on a post-it note next to my computer password? I'm much more likely losing my accnt cause I can't remember the password than it getting hacked.

We should not have to suffer because of your security incompetence Do something like ip verification on login or use a better hash algo. No other website/service has required I make such a stupidly complex password.

ps
pass2wor, pass2wrd, pss2word is fine but pass2word is not I mean comon if I'm going to guess pass2word then i will try it without vowels ~_~