Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IxorP

08-21-2013

I've changed my password about 15 times now and every time I try to log in it tells me I need to reset my password. Every time I change it, it says PASSWORD SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED! but my new password doesn't work, and my old authenticates me, then tells me to reset. Why is it so hard for me to just SIGN IN TO THIS GAME

dyfrgi

08-21-2013

The requirement not to use spaces is ridiculous. It prevents me from using my usual method of password creation, which is to use a phrase. Not a modified phrase, where I have to remember how I modified it - a phrase, no funny business.

Meh.

PerpetualNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

i just want to be able to change my damn PW. nope, an error has occurred. every time. riot pls.

trise

08-21-2013

Why when i just reset my password i still cant get in its still only accepting my old password why ask me two change it then when i do i cant get in

PerpetualNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

LOL, use a "strong" password, and i get an error every time. change it to an "okay" password, and i get right through. TOO SECURE OP.

Jadith

08-21-2013

I'd just like to say that the new password scheme is incredibly annoying. #dislike

Desaro

08-21-2013

So almost 12 hours and still nothing from anyone in riot about why my 1st password still lets me log in but redirects me to the password change. Change password when I try to log in told it is wrong. Try old password and **** starts over again. GG

Eleshakai

08-21-2013

Your new password requirements are utterly ridiculous.

A 10 digit long password with a capital letter, 2 numbers and no part of it even vaguely resembling my account name is apparently not a strong enough password to PLAY AN ONLINE GAME.

We're not logging into the pentagon here, folks. These restrictions are utterly insane.

You guys need to lighten this up a bit. My WORK(and I work for a government agency) doesn't have password requirements this psychotic.

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

Looks like this isn't a discussion anymore. Riot has bailed.

Cladoselache

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
Your new password requirements are utterly ridiculous.

A 10 digit long password with a capital letter, 2 numbers and no part of it even vaguely resembling my account name is apparently not a strong enough password to PLAY AN ONLINE GAME.

We're not logging into the pentagon here, folks. These restrictions are utterly insane.

You guys need to lighten this up a bit. My WORK(and I work for a government agency) doesn't have password requirements this psychotic.
http://i.stack.imgur.com/KxMyi.png
Just use that.