Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirAbbadon

08-21-2013

Riot, I realize you were hacked and you're trying to cover your @ss, but seriously guys. This is bullsh!t. I gladly trust hundreds of thousands of dollars to MUCH weaker passwords, but this little game needs 10+ characters with upper/lower case, symbols and numbers? Get over yourselves. Loosen the password restriction and leave the risk of my account getting brute forced up to me.

Tritotamar

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
why does the password changer take 17 Numbers/letters before it will say its ok? im not going to memorize this. =|
Yes, this.

What the actual ****?

DaneMac

08-21-2013

everyone gets a free Lucian? When Playstation network got hacked they had to beg for forgiveness with tokens. Do the same. I have my credit card history remembered on the store for easy use, but you're saying it got hacked? Jesus Christ man

azzaul

08-21-2013

for the fun of it i just tried aq1!sw2@de3# and it was too week. I CAN'T PLAY CUZ I CAN'T MAKE ONE THAT IS NOT WEEK. REALLY SOMEONE HELP ME. Add !2!Iwanttoplay!2! Add !BP!CanIPlayNow!2! Add !****This****!

klam141

08-21-2013

make the requirments less harsh. fix your **** riot.

azzaul

08-21-2013

tell me how to make a password, NOTHING IS WORKING i am getting really upset now.

Kay Geddon

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMac View Post
everyone gets a free Lucian? When Playstation network got hacked they had to beg for forgiveness with tokens. Do the same. I have my credit card history remembered on the store for easy use, but you're saying it got hacked? Jesus Christ man
They were giving compensation for 24 days of outage, which affected network play in most games. If it had just been the 77 million people worth of personally identifiable info they probably would have just done the form letter apology like every other company that gets hacked. The loss of CC numbers required them to offer free credit monitoring services to avoid lawsuits.

I do wish that Riot had told us when they found out instead of weeks later though. It was OUR information they lost.

slayers0n

08-21-2013

So I change my password. It says password successfully changed and the I try and log into the game and it says your username/password is incorrect. How can I fix this???

Moezso

08-21-2013

Just another reason I'm glad the only internet company I've ever given my CC info to is paypal. Don't take paypal, don't get my sale, period. Not because I don't trust any other company, but because of these web thieves. Instead of watching to see which company I do business with got hacked, I only have to keep ears open for paypal getting hacked. Not necessarily any safer, just less to keep track of, with the proliferation of cyber-crime and all.

Soryujen

08-21-2013

Your new password guidelines are ****ing ridiculous. So you guys ****ed up your security measures and have **** controls and I have to be burdened with holding a password that's 12 characters long? Are you ****ing kidding me?

You keep up this bull**** and you will lose your customers so fast. You all stopped being innovative a season ago. The New website looks like a generic cross between Internet Circa 1998 and a customer service form.