Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seduces

08-21-2013

I have been using same password for YEARS why change it?!?!?! Now it won't even let me logg in wtf i just wanted to get on an play now its impossible with this NEW site cant find reset password to email BS STOP CHANGING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS AND WORK ON CONNECTIVITY ISSUES AND SEND ME A RESET UR PASSWORD CONFIRMATION TO MY DAMN EMAIL SO I CAN FKN PLAY !

Evolnemesis

08-21-2013

"Being a victim of theft is never good or pleasant, especially if itís your credit card. While we do our utmost to keep all the billing information secure, it doesn't hurt to know what to do in the extremely likely case that your credit card information has already been stolen from us and probably will get used without your authorization. The guide below breaks it down into 3 easy steps:"

TOGthatoneguy

08-21-2013

i personally think this was a waste of my time. i go threw google, no one will ever guess my pass its not going to happen. I'm not concerned about my account being hacked. i got my stuff set up. and i still got to waste my time and change my pass code. and the pass code i used is the one that i will remember, are you guys trying to make me forget my pass cause its not funny.

for real though riot. i don't need this pass change. i changed my pass so i can change it back that's all i did. and i have had an account sense season 1.

if you ask me maybe people should stop using Yahoo. cause its easy to hack and that probably what happened in season one's hacking's.

Tech Support

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduces View Post
I have been using same password for YEARS why change it?!?!?! Now it won't even let me logg in wtf i just wanted to get on an play now its impossible with this NEW site cant find reset password to email BS STOP CHANGING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS AND WORK ON CONNECTIVITY ISSUES AND SEND ME A RESET UR PASSWORD CONFIRMATION TO MY DAMN EMAIL SO I CAN FKN PLAY !
Get mad, bro. That'll solve everything. If you try to log in, it'll tell you to change your password, and automatically open the webpage up. I have no idea how you couldn't find anything though. May I suggest asking for a computer class in school? It might help with learning how to use a computer and a web browser.

Op Fronk

Recruiter

08-21-2013

Well my account is taken i cant log in the password says invalid. The only thing i have left that they didnt touch was the forum log in. Now i have to wait for someone to answer how to get my account back from support. Ughhh league i shall miss you

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Op Fronk View Post
Well my account is taken i cant log in the password says invalid. The only thing i have left that they didnt touch was the forum log in. Now i have to wait for someone to answer how to get my account back from support. Ughhh league i shall miss you
Your forum info is the same as your account info...
If you can log in here you can log in to your account.

azzaul

08-21-2013

soo someone got hacked and now we all have to change our passwords to be impossible to remember. How does that make sense i just tried to make my password something really hard, but not 18 char. It won't take it. At least in the update tell us the truth, it says 8-30, but anything less then 18 is not working. Asking my self change password and keep playing, or just play DOTA 2 more. It makes me mad cuz i have put money in the game. I have been trying now for 10 min to make a password i can remember and it won't take any of them. SCREW THIS

Kimura Joe

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Your forum info is the same as your account info...
If you can log in here you can log in to your account.
They can't login here, it stays logged in from when you had your previous password. Folks, this is what fixed it for me. I messed up last night and tried a bunch of new passwords thinking it didn't work because I received an error message. It actually maintained my first try for the first password, unfortunately I couldn't remember what it was as it was an offshoot of my old password with different numbers (And I had tried many different number variations.) Just log off the forums, and then you can click "Recover password" in the client and it will actually work. It will take you to a login page on the league forums, and then just click "Forgot password? Recover it now" where it will only ask for your login info. Then they will send an email to your email address and you can go from there.

You have to log off the forums before they will let you recover your password for whatever reason, otherwise it just links you to the same old "Old password, new password, verify" thing which isn't very helpful.

azzaul

08-21-2013

really, i have been trying for awhile now. Using the One letter, One Number is not working. i have tried some really hard ones now and it still won't take them. How long and what do i need to use, because anything i try is not working and i am getting really mad

Forsaken Forest

08-21-2013

After changing my password, or so i thought, i tried to login with my new password, incorrect, i tried my old one, incorrect, new again, old again, new old new old, incorrect, i tried logging onto the official site, still incorrect, so i thought i just made a typo when making the new password and can't login now, so i went to recover my password and when i tried it, it just brought me to account management where i was suppose to CHANGE my password, email, the summoner's code. The problem is, i don't need to change my password, because i don't know my current one to do so, so i'm stuck, can't log onto League and i'm forced to do homework :/