Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bardonrafan

08-21-2013

Why can't we just keep are old password. and why do it need to be so complex i just want to remember my password and play a fun game now and then. could you let it just say whether it is weak or strong and let the player decide if he wants that kin of password. (password Meaning as word or two that is used as verification, not gibberish with number and symbols mixed in)

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

so consensus from this thread is that riot didnt specify the password requirements.

I'm assuming it's 1 uppercase, 1 number, 1 symbol, 1 lowercase, 8 characters, minimum?

Come on guys, it's not that hard. My 20+ character easy to remember super secure password got accepted.

FuhrerManstrong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

I'm pissed off that I had to imput 3 extra characters of assorted varieties in just to go from weak to ok. I don't want to remember this stupid password full of extraneous characters. Riot please stop doing things that serve no function but to make your customer base miserable. It's why I hardly play this game anymore. I play more dota than league now and I don't even like that game. It's just that league can't stop ruining their player experience: inconsistent service, patches that are announced that don't come for weeks, changes that are announced and never made, a community that leaves a whole lot to be desired, player profiles that haven't worked since season one, the only content that ever seems to make its way to us with any consistency is the art spotlight, there are a lot of little things that drive me nuts. As a player who spent hundreds of dollars and at least a thousand hours in your game, I'm tired of all the extraneous bull **** and the constant inconsistency. The game is fun though. So, kudos.

NVDax

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
Hi all,

My name is Chager and I'm a live producer here at Riot. I wanted to open this thread so we can centralize discussion/questions/concerns about today's security announcement:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...password-reset

We'll have Rioters monitoring this forum and the comments section of the front page article for questions, and will also help direct folks to the right areas if you're having trouble resetting passwords or accessing your account.

Thanks,
-Chager

Update 1 = Our PS team has created a knowledge base article that details steps to take in case of credit card fraud. https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...dit-Card-Fraud
What happens now? PVP can't be allowed to continue this, it's not right.

Apox

08-21-2013

So I'm going to go ahead and strongly suggest Riot immediately offer an optional mobile-authentication option, a la what Blizzard has now since they get hacked. When I want to log on, I use a uniqiue RGN from my phone to log in, and I don't get hacked anymore. In light of Devil/PvP/Gem whatever the ballz is being allowed to go on lately, can we get this option ASAP?

AzraelSteel

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
so consensus from this thread is that riot didnt specify the password requirements.

I'm assuming it's 1 uppercase, 1 number, 1 symbol, 1 lowercase, 8 characters, minimum?
Nope. Not sure what it is, but a pass with 2 numbers and nothing else but letters is okay, my passwords with numbers, capitals, and symbols are "too weak"...

Desaro

08-21-2013

So did the steps to reset password around 8:30 CST. 1CST still can't log in to the game. When I use new password I am told it is wrong, when I use old password it tells me to make new password. Still no help from customer support.

Jumping Biscuit

08-21-2013

So uh, no matter how many characters I put into your password reset, it says my password is too weak.

DontbeStalin

08-21-2013

Ive tried 16 different passwords. None of them are strong enough, if your goal is to make us remember an almost impossible password you got it. Please make it so we can have our password work no matter what. This is really frustrating.

SlugDC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazymandias View Post
Speaking from a programmer, security, and customer service standpoint, the current password requirements are absurd, and LESS secure, instead of more.
<snip>
I went into the change password field and typed "You can't have egg, bacon, SPAM, and sausage without the SPAM!" and it wasn't good enough. Then I put a one (1) on the end and it jumped to "strong". XD