Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff
Hello Summoner,

In order to maintain account security while we investigate unauthorized activity on our NA server, we recently required all players on the NA, EUW, and EUNE server to reset their passwords.

We know that usernames, e-mail addresses, and some first and last names were compromised. We are also investigating a number of transactions from 2011 that have been accessed. We will e-mail players whose transactions have been compromised, so if your e-mail address was accurate when you made the transaction and you donít receive an e-mail, your data is likely safe.

Iím really sorry, but please know that we are working to bring this to a satisfactory resolution and make account security stronger than ever.

Please donít hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Lol.
Don't hesitate to let them know that your question was not answered.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenomatous View Post
its funny you cant use any smart passwords you would remember, but you can use your name and birth year and its ok lol even says strong lol. if any thing they should not allow that lol. i figured if you dont hit 15 characters the password is okay if your lucky to get alot of numbers in there.
i guess i should learn to play a different game now.
Uhm... The password strength meter isn't going to be able to tell you what your name was or when you were born.
It's up to you to know that's a stupid password to use.
And of course it's going to let you use it. You're using a capital letter and 2-4 numbers.

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Lol.
Don't hesitate to let them know that your question was not answered.
I also asked for it to be escalated to a supervisor/manager. I was pissed. This is Riot, not iRO, I'm not putting up with these iRO-like canned responses.

Dissith Bullets

08-21-2013

anyone unable to log in after changing your password?

nm it had me change my password so i could log in with my old one...

ministuff

08-21-2013

this is one of the stupidest thing you guys have done so far
a 17+ pass that glitches out and doesnt ever change from "to weak" so i cant update my password

GaiusRufus

08-21-2013

It is so frustrating having to update passwords under the guise of security when the system is obviously programmed by someone who does not understand security or even the simple concept of entropy.

http://xkcd.com/936/

ministuff

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenomatous View Post
its funny you cant use any smart passwords you would remember, but you can use your name and birth year and its ok lol even says strong lol. if any thing they should not allow that lol. i figured if you dont hit 15 characters the password is okay if your lucky to get alot of numbers in there.
i guess i should learn to play a different game now.
Agreed

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiusRufus View Post
It is so frustrating having to update passwords under the guise of security when the system is obviously programmed by someone who does not understand security or even the simple concept of entropy.

http://xkcd.com/936/
Hi, you seem to have posted an outdated webcomic. Please update your knowledge of password security: http://arstechnica.com/security/2012...under-assault/

Adenomatous

08-21-2013

so i was messing around with passwords this was actually kinda weird. i wrote a phrase it was too weak so i added in playstation at the end well when i added playstatio is was strong then when the n came up up it was too weak. is this password machine biased on playstation saying its weak?

Electr√łn

08-21-2013

I want to know why swagswagyolo123 is a strong password.