Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DietDrDrama

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misread View Post
Why in the hell would you do that to begin with for something that you would have for more than 10 min?
For one thing I've signed up for plenty of games that sent me nothing but spam mail once I've signed up and seeing as how I wouldn't know if I liked it or not I didn't plan on investing too much on it. And seeing how easily emails and passwords were compromised it's a good f***ing thing I didn't.

Phantomstrike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
Hi all,

My name is Chager and I'm a live producer here at Riot. I wanted to open this thread so we can centralize discussion/questions/concerns about today's security announcement:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...password-reset

We'll have Rioters monitoring this forum and the comments section of the front page article for questions, and will also help direct folks to the right areas if you're having trouble resetting passwords or accessing your account.

Thanks,
-Chager

Update 1 = Our PS team has created a knowledge base article that details steps to take in case of credit card fraud. https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...dit-Card-Fraud
This is outrageous. I find it totally unacceptable that personal information was stolen so long ago and you are only now bringing this to light. It goes to show what an underhanded company you really are. Sony got hacked, they came out right away, the moment it happened, stood up and took responsibility, offered compensation, credit protection services, etc.

There should be no less then the following:

- A complete review of compromised account information with every player who is suspected to have been effected emailed and advised (not just a blanket email)

- Riot to offer free credit protection services to players who have been put at risk by their lack of proper security on player information incase players have been affected by this.

- Compensation to the player base to make up for this critical lapse in judgement by not putting this out there sooner, as well as to show that you really want to take care of the players. Talking some really meaningful compensation, not just a token.

I think it's time that riot actually own up to alot of things that aren't right with this game vs security. There are hacks and exploits out there for this game yet they refuse to acknowledge it. now that refusal and their stubbornness has also resulted in the loss of player information because they refused to suspect that the information could be stolen.

Time to bring to light any security related issues on the go forward as soon as they happen when it comes to player information and account security.

FuryFace of Doom

08-21-2013

I changed my password and It continues to say that the password is Incorrect. Could Riot reset my pasword for me? I tried clicking on "Forgot my Password" but it requires me to change my default e-mail account and then put in my password AGAIN... so I can't manually reset my accout -.-

PaintedElectric

08-21-2013

What is up with this new ridiculous password thing, I had to try like 25 different passwords and now I'm stuck with a retarded one I won't remember. Try making a security system that doesn't take half an hour of your time to make a password.

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

Email riot support asking if they are going to contact credit card companies directly.

GET A USELESS CANNED RESPONSE THAT DOESN'T EVEN ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Here's Riot right now:
Name:  Socially-Awkward-Penguin-Meme-Template-Blank.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  87.4 KB

Keep Trying Kid

08-21-2013

I keep trying to change my password using words that are more than 8 letters but it keeps saying that the password is too weak..... WHAT DO I DO RIOT!?

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
Email riot support asking if they are going to contact credit card companies directly.

GET A USELESS CANNED RESPONSE THAT DOESN'T EVEN ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Here's Riot right now:
Attachment 763604
Well, were you going to post the response or not?

FrozenXylaphone

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Trying Kid View Post
I keep trying to change my password using words that are more than 8 letters but it keeps saying that the password is too weak..... WHAT DO I DO RIOT!?
actual words make your password weaker

falkenjeff

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Well, were you going to post the response or not?
Hello Summoner,

In order to maintain account security while we investigate unauthorized activity on our NA server, we recently required all players on the NA, EUW, and EUNE server to reset their passwords.

We know that usernames, e-mail addresses, and some first and last names were compromised. We are also investigating a number of transactions from 2011 that have been accessed. We will e-mail players whose transactions have been compromised, so if your e-mail address was accurate when you made the transaction and you donít receive an e-mail, your data is likely safe.

Iím really sorry, but please know that we are working to bring this to a satisfactory resolution and make account security stronger than ever.

Please donít hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Adenomatous

08-21-2013

its funny you cant use any smart passwords you would remember, but you can use your name and birth year and its ok lol even says strong lol. if any thing they should not allow that lol. i figured if you dont hit 15 characters the password is okay if your lucky to get alot of numbers in there.
i guess i should learn to play a different game now.