Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

modi22

08-21-2013

It's making me change my password but not accepting anything I try and change it to. I'm within the "strong" guidelines. Am I missing something?

modi22

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
This is ****tarded. 1 - my password is strong. 2 - you dc me from a game to force me to change my password while the game plays on without me. 3 - eat a dick.
Grow up.

modi22

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by modi22 View Post
It's making me change my password but not accepting anything I try and change it to. I'm within the "strong" guidelines. Am I missing something?
I didn't miss it - the info is incorrect. It says 8-20 characters with a letter and a number. I don't know the exact limits but it's certainly not this. I wound up needing 12 character, a letter, a number and a character.

It would be helpful to update the requirements when doing something that has .. requirements.

modi22

08-21-2013

Quote:
I didn't miss it - the info is incorrect. It says 8-20 characters with a letter and a number. I don't know the exact limits but it's certainly not this. I wound up needing 12 character, a letter, a number and a character.

It would be helpful to update the requirements when doing something that has .. requirements.
Actually, it didn't accept that one either. While the "too weak" warning went away, it spun a wheel at me for a minute and then came back and said .. too weak.

Please help. I'd like to play.

Schticky Buds

08-21-2013

why do I need to change my ****ing password?

modi22

08-21-2013

Quote:
Actually, it didn't accept that one either. While the "too weak" warning went away, it spun a wheel at me for a minute and then came back and said .. too weak.

Please help. I'd like to play.
Sorry for all the posts. Last update. I *removed* a character from the password and it was accepted. I felt like I won a prize when I finally changed my password. HURRAY FOR ME I WON .. my account back.

Password strength requirements are dumb, btw. They didn't brute force the passwords.

FaceRoll13

08-21-2013

Your interface is weak.

When you pick a password successfully, you should NOT have to do it again or cancel.

I had trouble with the system recognizing the password change, and ended up changing it three times before I could get here.

There may be a dearth of messages as people get disconnected from their accounts and realize that they don't recall the email username or password that they used to sign up.

Bananoid

08-21-2013

Let me ask you:

WHY?

People who get hacked: Famous, idiots who click suspicious keylogger sites, idiots who tell their passwords to other people.

I'm neither, and am in no risk of getting hacked even if my password was 123456, so why?

yunners

08-21-2013

We should be compensated with RP for this. My CC info could have been compromised.

111none

08-21-2013

@Riot, is it possible to have all out billing history to show up just for this week and all the IP logins?
(just for us of course.)