Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by orghak 6 View Post
Actually it was at positive upvotes for a certain time, but then a user made a post that pointed to several inconsistencies in her and previous Red comments.

That's why it was downvoted.
Pretty sure Vesh is a guy. Also, he later commented on the same things people are going to criticize, and basically said the same things the non-alarmist people have been saying. Riot's been trying to contain the fire until they could get a good handle of the situation. Haters gonna hate.

Draegan Dread

08-20-2013

what happens if u dont have access to the email that you're lol account is conected too?..... cause thats my current problem i cant enter my LOL account anymore..... i need some serious help i even had to create a new account....

Skyhawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegan Dread View Post
what happens if u dont have access to the email that you're lol account is conected too?..... cause thats my current problem i cant enter my LOL account anymore..... i need some serious help i even had to create a new account....
I'd contact Player Support. They'll probably be swamped over the next few days, but they should be able to work something out for you.

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythul View Post
You need to update your definition of a "strong" password.

Attachment 762933

http://xkcd.com/936/
that's outdated. You need to update YOUR definition of "strong" password.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012...under-assault/

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobocracyPanda View Post
I have a question here. Do you actually mean it's unreadable or are you just exaggerating a bit? I don't know how they obtained these things, in what way, ect. Is it readable if they have the right tools, or just unreadable no matter what is done?
They mean it's encrypted. Hire a good enough hacker, with a powerful enough machine, and it becomes "readable".

Draegan Dread

08-20-2013

yea.... player support but i cant log into the forums on my 30 account... only this smurf i created

KushMasterZ

08-20-2013

Is anyone else having trouble trying to update??? I can't get pass 33% in the update..........

KasumiTenshi

08-20-2013

You know, when I claimed to someone that LoL/Riot was indeed hackable they called me a 'c-ck sucking r-tard' and laughed at me.

I felt like that one dude with an 'The End is Nigh' cardbox thing over my chest.

And this happens.

And now I sit here on the throne of my PRIDE, sneering down at you fools.

Whose laughing now biotches?!

WHOSE'S LAUGHING NAO?

I AM.
HAHAHAHA.
--
In all seriousness, why do people think that because something doesn't seem hackable it automatically isn't? I'll let you in on a little secret, everything computerized that can be systematically modified/'entered' in any way shape or form is 'hackable' - because that's technically what a hack is, a modification or 'entering and extraction' of data. It can be done with just about anything given the right tech. This includes calculators, phones, and yes - Riot's backlogs.

Now excuse me while I sit atop my tower of ultimate self-righteousness.

TheRealGematria

08-20-2013

For the record, "salted password hashes" aren't unreadable. That implies that they can't decrypt them. Which I can assure you they have as my email was accessed as well. I've spent the last 1.5 hours changing passwords, even those that weren't similar. I'm sick of software developers leaving themselves vulnerable. Get it together, hire a better auditor, this is absurd.

KonFewShuN

08-20-2013

Would this happen to be why i currently have a 5 hour patch update?