So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian Ice View Post
Man, that one second silence is just bonkers. I can only imagine you playing against a champ like LB or Malz. Better yet, 2.5 seconds of suppression on Malz? Holy.

I'll go call the Waah-mbulance
LB and Malz can't do it instantly, Malz has a short wind up time on his ult and LB, well, that's obviously not instant.

When a Malz is too telegraphed and you know he's ulting you, you just throw out a CC right as he gets in range and the timing is pretty easy. Even if his R outranges your CC by a a little bit, the wind up time lets you cover that difference and interrupt it right as it starts. Also Malz has to cast W first to get max damage. Talon leads with his instant silence and gets max damage.

Lowel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Talon have counter play.

He have a bad early game. He need to go all in and use his only escape ability to do damage(burst) (ult). He's an assasin, he should one combo anyone squishy, just like Zed. You can buy some armor early to counter him.

If you can buy armor to counter Master Yi, Trynd, Zed, Kha, their ADC, or any AD and if you can buy magic resist to counter leblanc, kassadin, or any AP burst, why can't you do the same to negate Talon's damage? If he can't burst you down, you can kill him easy. We're talking about a champion who go All-in. If he miss, he's dead. We're not talking about Kha who can go all in, and jump away. Or even talking about master Yi who can go untargettable and have reset on his skill.

A lot of AP-caster go Zhonya against Zed to counter his burst. I don't think it that hard to buy some armor or HP to counter Talon.

If Riots is reworking Talon, they should rework kassadin. Lower Q range, lower his slow, add more sec on his ult CD. Kass have less counterplay than Talon.

PallasAthens

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincall View Post
I know that, but it's limiting the game too much. Maybe there should be a starter champion pool.
But their moneys.

I mean, they can easily make 20 of the first champions available without hurting too much. NOPE, GOTTA PINCH AND SQUEEZE.

Krivinn

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
I've played against MegaZero too bud and I lost. How are people going to get better and learn things like what MegaZero knows if you just answer everything with a nerf just to hold their hands throughout the game? The game is already easy enough yet you think what MegaZero does is amazing? He's a solid laner but nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to using skills.
What about that game where you carried a 4v5 vs MegaZero after your jungler DCed.

Chupathingy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
That was only possible when Condemn's range was bugged.

Anyway the thing is sure, a challenger player can stop Talon from doing his combo using specific abilities. Incidentally, I played Talon against MegaZero recently and he did that with Ezreal every time I tried to kill him.

But that doesn't mean Talon is OK. These players are too godlike. They do stuff that 99.999% of players simply can't do.

And again, it's edge cases. Most champs don't have these options.
except for the 99.999% can do it. If you cast a spell on someone before they are in range your champ will automatically cast it when they get in range. So all you have to do is use condemn when you see talon coming at you. when he teleports he goes into range, and since your ability is queued it will go off before he silences you.

BJ The Gigolo

08-20-2013

Quote:
Instant silence that outranges most abilities which forces Talon's target to receive his full burst before they can do anything. That is the definition of no counterplay.
Ummm...Kassadin?

Khristophoros

The Council

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
I've played against MegaZero too bud and I lost. How are people going to get better and learn things like what MegaZero knows if you just answer everything with a nerf just to hold their hands throughout the game? The game is already easy enough yet you think what MegaZero does is amazing? He's a solid laner but nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to using skills.
Again we're talking about rare edge cases. Best case scenario is everyone learns how to use the edge cases, and then they still can't counterplay Talon because they're not playing the handful of champs who have these tools.

So even then Talon can't be buffed in his current state.

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivinn View Post
What about that game where you carried a 4v5 vs MegaZero after your jungler DCed.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I got lucky :3

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
That was only possible when Condemn's range was bugged.

Anyway the thing is sure, a challenger player can stop Talon from doing his combo using specific abilities. Incidentally, I played Talon against MegaZero recently and he did that with Ezreal every time I tried to kill him.

But that doesn't mean Talon is OK. These players are too godlike. They do stuff that 99.999% of players simply can't do.

And again, it's edge cases. Most champs don't have these options.
Did you even read what I wrote.

It's after the "Condemn Range Reduction" patch.

Talon's silence is not instantaneous.

If they walk up to each other, Vayne can still cast Condemn when Talon gap-closes.

Holy Malevolence

08-20-2013

Won't miss him.
Talon's basically an inferior Lissandra in all ways. He wasn't good design when he came out, and then they made Lissandra who pulled off the diving AOE burst role a million times better than he ever could.

They should just turn 'im into a Lissandra skin.