So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHeroNamedHawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleboo View Post
1. Ur on a smurf acc
2. My friend plays rengar
3. I KNOW what high level players do, and yes we tested it, and he has even said it himself.
4. If you read my 1st posts you would know why I am here.
5. Keep trying to put me down, I don't care because nothing you say will hurt me.
6. Go and down vote me I don't care either.
7. I am here just for Scarizard, and not your trash words.
Right, you have fun with that

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
1. Ur on a smurf acc
2. My friend plays rengar
3. I KNOW what high level players do, and yes we tested it, and he has even said it himself.
4. If you read my 1st posts you would know why I am here.
5. Keep trying to put me down, I don't care because nothing you say will hurt me.
6. Go and down vote me I don't care either.
7. I am here just for Scarizard, and not your trash words.
this post.

this post right here.

rioters do not respond to people in threads who make this kind of post, especially when irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Dory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHeroNamedHawke View Post
Right, you have fun with that
I will.
And Scarizard, i'm waiting for you!

SouL1ess

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
He can, doesn't mean he will.

And yes. This is intentional. One skill lacking counterplay (the one to make sure that his combo gets full damage) is not the same as another. Yes, there is no counterplay to Nether Grasp (QSS doesn't stop the damage) but it is different from the silencing assassins, who use it as an initiate or followup on their combo, rather than the finisher.
And Talon's silence is actually critical to his combo, like how Malzahar's ult is. Being in melee range opens Talon up to all kinds of threat. Silence is important, because without it, getting snared by a Lux as soon as I land and watching her walk away is disheartening at best. What's worse is that I know I wouldn't escape alive, AND I haven't killed anyone yet.

Edit: I'm actually traumatized by a Veigar who once instantly stunned 4 people on my team with one E, and he only missed twice in the entire 40 minute game.

Bigturkz

08-20-2013

Is the same true about gangplank? Does riot think his low counterplay means that its hard to buff him? What does live think about our pirate?

Gespens

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouL1ess View Post
And Talon's silence is actually critical to his combo, like how Malzahar's ult is. Being in melee range opens Talon up to all kinds of threat. Silence is important, because without it, getting snared by a Lux as soon as I land and watching her walk away is disheartening at best. What's worse is that I know I wouldn't escape alive, AND I haven't killed anyone yet.
Except as mentioned, Talon uses his to start his combo, whereas malz uses his to finish, and the primary bit of burst to his combo (CotV) is a skill shot that can be easily dodged.

Raiyn

08-20-2013

Quote:
I will.
And Scarizard, i'm waiting for you!

You're either a moron or delusional.

Either way this is hilarious to read.

Then I think to myself too, is he a child, a teen, a dick riding adult? No he can't be an adult, nobody dick rides this hard for free.

Noxian Zell

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Nothing. I was giving an example of Talon as an assassin with low counterplay in a separate thread, and insoy inferred incorrectly that i or the Live Design team plan on reworking/making changes to Talon when we aren't.
Ya leave my Talon alone

He already has mana issues early game and his damage output sucks early on.

When mid game comes he is perfect

Anteil Togar

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Meanwhile at the hall of DotA we have 7 champions being picked or banned 85+% percent of the time at the International 3, and we have batrider picked 100% of the time in 158 games.

Wouldn't exactly use them as a benchmark of balance.
I didn't say anything about balance and I'm not going to try and say what is and is not balanced. I just pointed at examples of heroes who are similar to Talon and don't get nerfed because of "no counter-play."

SouL1ess

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Except as mentioned, Talon uses his to start his combo, whereas malz uses his to finish, and the primary bit of burst to his combo (CotV) is a skill shot that can be easily dodged.
In both cases, the damage has to be taken if the Crowd Control lands, and in both cases, if the Crowd Control is removed, combos will be reduced greatly in power. I just feel people are singling out Talon's silence when other abilities, providing similar function, exist, and was never complained about (except buffs). It seems to me that people just hate burst with a passion - anything involving burst damage has to be singled out.

I don't see Malz ult as a finisher, but as the initiator. Most of his ability to kill comes from keeping people in Null Zone and ulting, as Null Zone can shred 12% of your max HP per second easily. CotV is a bonus if it hits (you can surprise people by cancelling your ult a bit early and cast it), while Malefic Vision (in combination with ignite) seems more like the finisher.