So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conductor Fizz

08-20-2013

I love it when I run my full ArPen reds/quints and CDR glyphs rune set on Talon and walk into lane with more armor pen than my enemy has armor and they QQ about how I'm abusing "OP champ" at lv6.

Raincall

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlappy View Post
How to counter Talon, even before Seeker's Arm Guard: See Talon, switch to ap rune set with more armor, instead of MR. Switch masteries up a bit. Then, pick Annie. Grab cloth with 5 pots, max Q but prioritize E over W, profit. Or, you can do the same thing with Viktor, and Cass, and de mordekaiser. Honestly, there are lot of champions that benefit from him jumping into your face. Just 90% of you are too stuck in same old masteries, and same old runes regardless of which champion you face.
But no, EVERYONE should be able to counterplay Talon. That's how Riot thinks. The result: only a handful of mechanics in a game with 100+ champions.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
I wish people like Scarizard and Xypherous and Phreak would stop saying "he has a high win rate." Yes he has a high win rate in normals, a place where people suck and don't run armor runes.
If you look at Challenger level play, his average win rate is is average 51.88% over the last 24 days, which is respectable.

rathy Aro

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAnubisPain View Post
Your playing the game and clicking an item is part of the game.
Hence "PLAY"
*sigh* The point is that's not what the word counterplay means. Its not an argument, its just a clarification if you want to actually understand what Rioters like Scarizard are saying. If you're mentioning buying armor as counterplay than you are completely missing the point he's trying to make.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-20-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
I don't like how your sentence started of with "I don't know' when you should know. But I don't think you have the right to even say you main a character just because I started off as him and such. I honestly don't think you are doing a great job with your work with Rengar nor do I think you showed any other good example in the past few weeks. It's sad to know I know much more than Talon than a person who works in this game nor this industry. The fact that so many stated against you on your "work" with rengar just shows. I'm sorry but this is how I really feel and I'm actually glad that you responded. Thanks
What i meant with my 'i don't know' is nowhere in my post did the words 'We are looking at Talon' 'I am reworking Talon' 'Talon is going to receive a Rework' ever appeared. I know why you thought that - because you quoted me as giving an example of him as a champion with low counterplay, but if Talon was a champion that Live wanted to rework/update in some way, i would have said so (I recently posted in a Taric thread that Live Design is interested in him but needs to clear far more stuff off our plate to get there). We don't have plans to rework talon, there's nothing to get up in arms about.

I don't think it's sad that you know more about Talon than me - You play almost nothing but Talon. It's obvious and expected that you have a greater understanding of his specific matchups, buildpaths, and situational strengths than i do. I'm just saying that i mained him for almost a year and loved playing him and can attest to him being fun (Made it from 1100 to 1600 S1, then 1300 to 1800 S2 playing almost exclusively Talon). I'm not trying to make this a contest ?_? just saying i'm with you when i think Talon's a super cool character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
I wish people like Scarizard and Xypherous and Phreak would stop saying "he has a high win rate." Yes he has a high win rate in normals, a place where people suck and don't run armor runes.
Talon has one of the higher winrates in our game in every region, ranked and unranked, in a wide range of elos. He isn't -just- good in low elo normals D:

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
"I don't want to buy mr on my adc because it doesn't build into my I.E, Botrk, BT, or PD. NO COUNTERPLAY"

And you didn't need to start an oracles. Oracles are more of a late game counter to him more than an early.
If you are accusing me of being an ADC main, sorry, but that is my second least favorite role (solo lanes or support).

And isn't that the issue here? Talon in lane has minimal counterplay, not that he has no counter play at any points of the game.

Cuz1972

08-20-2013

Quote:
1.Not everyone is bad against bruisers.
2.Not everyone has a ****ty early.
3.Seekers doesn't counter everyone.
4.Oracles doesn't counter everyone.
5.Staying behind your front line if your a squishie is better than staying away from him.
6.Silence doesn't counter everyone. For example, if I silence the Ashe, it wont do much since she's 1.AA dependent, and 2.Prob already has her Q on.

All your doing is just dismissing his counters saying "Oh, that counters everyone" Not necessarily, and even then, it counters him more so that a good amount of people.
Sorry I meant buy things that passively counter whatever champion you're facing (ZH kind of excluded), and counter pick. That's what you do against any champ. If (please notice the if) Talon had viable numbers what counter play, pushing buttons, do you have? Cleanse and flash away when he jumps at you?

Holiday Swag

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathy Aro View Post
*sigh* The point is that's not what the word counterplay means. Its not an argument, its just a clarification if you want to actually understand what Rioters like Scarizard are saying. If you're mentioning buying armor as counterplay than you are completely missing the point he's trying to make.
He's trying to make the point of meaningful playing in the game to counter him EVEN MORE.
Even when he has a **** ton of counterplay already.
But w/e.

Borigrad

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
If you look at Challenger level play, his average win rate is is average 51.88% over the last 24 days, which is respectable.
That's actually pretty pitiful when you consider his pick rate. The lower a pick rate of a champion, the higher their win rate should be. Cause of the people who pick them and in what circumstance they are picked.

The fact Zac has 8 times the pick rate, with roughly the same win rate, proves how much stronger he is. Same with elise, 7 times the win rate with on average the same win rate.

Holiday Swag

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz1972 View Post
Sorry I meant buy things that passively counter whatever champion you're facing (ZH kind of excluded), and counter pick. That's what you do against any champ. If (please notice the if) Talon had viable numbers what counter play, pushing buttons, do you have? Cleanse and flash away when he jumps at you?
The same thing you do when Kha'Zix jumps on you. You use your escape/knockback and then kite him off until he's dead, or have your team do it for you.