So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chupathingy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
I don't like how your sentence started of with "I don't know' when you should know. But I don't think you have the right to even say you main a character just because I started off as him and such. I honestly don't think you are doing a great job with your work with Rengar nor do I think you showed any other good example in the past few weeks. It's sad to know I know much more than Talon than a person who works in this game nor this industry. The fact that so many stated against you on your "work" with rengar just shows. I'm sorry but this is how I really feel and I'm actually glad that you responded. Thanks
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on most of this. Your saying that he should know everything about a game he works on, when the game is always changing, which is impractical and asking to much.

Also rengar's "no counterplay" I would argue is because his ult did to much, not that it had bad counterplay. Your ult gave you movement speed, stealth, ferocity stacks, AND gave your team a ton of information about enemy positions. Taking out one of those factors while buffing the others isn't necessarily a nerf, which most people are already calling it.

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furi Kuri View Post
Another thing that Scarizard does in the Rengar thread is he replies to people who agree with his changes, and disagree, but he never replies the constant posts of "dont change Rengar" and "We never asked for this"
I'm sure it's because Riot wanted it, not just him. He can't have a stance on "don't change Rengar" because his task was to rework him.

Aeon Aced

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz1972 View Post
he has no counter play
Silence.
Zhonya's.
Oracles.
Armor.
****ty early.
Bad against bruisers.(At least used to be.)
Seeker's.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAnubisPain View Post
Silence.
Zhonya's.
Oracles.
Armor.
****ty early.
Seeker's.
I'd like to make note that save for silence and the bruiser comment (which is not counterplay so much as counterpick), none of those were true until Seekers came out, since no mage could start cloth/5.

The moment he fell out of favor as a mid laner, was when they could.

Cuz1972

08-20-2013

Quote:
Silence.
Zhonya's.
Oracles.
Armor.
****ty early.
Seeker's.
So you've found away (switch to mr for casters) to counter play everyone in the game. Might as well say "Stay away from him" as a counter play.

rathy Aro

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
I don't like how your sentence started of with "I don't know' when you should know. But I don't think you have the right to even say you main a character just because I started off as him and such. I honestly don't think you are doing a great job with your work with Rengar nor do I think you showed any other good example in the past few weeks. It's sad to know I know much more than Talon than a person who works in this game nor this industry. The fact that so many stated against you on your "work" with rengar just shows. I'm sorry but this is how I really feel and I'm actually glad that you responded. Thanks
You didn't actually say anything here except kinda bashing Scar. I don't really care if you bash him, but provide some actual content, you have a chance to talk to a guy at Riot, why waste it? You could understand what he means by counterplay and explain how Talon actually does have counterplay and you can do it in a way where you're willing to teach and learn so both you and Scar could actually benefit from the conversation....

I must think I'm living in a dream world.

Aeon Aced

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
I'd like to make note that save for silence and the bruiser comment (which is not counterplay so much as counterpick), none of those were true until Seekers came out, since no mage could start cloth/5.

The moment he fell out of favor as a mid laner, was when they could.
Except that 1.They still could, and many people advised that. Especially since, IMO, armor was a lot better than it is now. And 2.We're talking about now, not the past.

Also, the oracles comment is true too.

Dementation

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Graves III View Post
Im sorry. Im just really sick of people wanting Dota mechanics in league. I love dota also, but counterplay is part of what makes league more fun to play seriously for me.
I haven't had fun in League for a long time. The champions are getting boring. The mechanics are boring. The items are boring. The jungle is especially boring. Nothing in this game is fun for me anymore because Riot wants to treat us like down-syndrome babies so everything we get is extremely simple and easy to understand so we never have to think about anything.

rathy Aro

08-20-2013

Quote:
Silence.
Zhonya's.
Oracles.
Armor.
****ty early.
Seeker's.
Not of that is counterplay except maybe zhonya's since its an active. Listen to the word counter (ok I think you get this part) PLAY (this is where I think you're getting lost). Buying an item in the shop is not a PLAY. Is this becoming clear now?

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupathingy View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on most of this. Your saying that he should know everything about a game he works on, when the game is always changing, which is impractical and asking to much.

Also rengar's "no counterplay" I would argue is because his ult did to much, not that it had bad counterplay. Your ult gave you movement speed, stealth, ferocity stacks, AND gave your team a ton of information about enemy positions. Taking out one of those factors while buffing the others isn't necessarily a nerf, which most people are already calling it.
"and asking too* much"

Too much? Now you are stating he can't handle his job because it's always changing? That's the problem now? From what I see, it's not too much, things just need to be prioritize better and not just throwing out "Counter play' label on everything that seems OP when it's really not.

And that's only Rengar's way of doing his job for team and now it's gone. Now what? You want Rengar to throw his E on their adc trying to pass 4 other champs? Rengar ult is easily countered with "better positioning" like staying next to your support like nami to Q or taric to stun.