So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupathingy View Post
So what you're saying is, that we should balance the game around blindpick? Because there are plenty of champions that have counterplay for talon.
there are champions that counter Talon. There aren't really any that stop him from unloading his combo when he feels like it.

people need to stop getting these concepts confused.

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
Hard huh.. ok
Tower minion aggro rules.
Last hitting
Jungle camp spawn timers (+baron and dragon)
Every item in the game.
Ward rules and locations
pinging and calling mias
shutdown and killing spree mechanics
Leveling up and skill order mechanics.
Brush and fog of war rules.
Individual spell mechanics and rules. (on next attack spells vs. targeted spells vs. skillshots.)
and much much more.

To someone who is new to PC gaming, or even just the RTS genre, much of this is very difficult to get the hang of.

League is easier than dota, but the baseline level of skill expected in dota is lower.

League of Legends is a tough videogame to get into, riot knows and respects this. Longtime fans often forget it.

FABULOUSMUSCLES

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
Instant silence that outranges most abilities which forces Talon's target to receive his full burst before they can do anything. That is the definition of no counterplay.
that's called bad positioning..

Raincall

08-20-2013

I just realized why this game has so many skillshots, it's one of the only ways they found to make an ability counterable, homogenization at its finest.

GreekLight

08-20-2013

the fanboys that side with the 'no counterplay' Riot argument are pathetic. none of you were complaining about no counterplay a few months ago, you were just adjusting your game - or not adjusting and failing - to the enemy comp you faced.

now that 'no counterplay' is the latest buzzword - you blindly take Riots side without thinking about the implications or the repercussions of slowly chipping away at the diversity in LoL gameplay.

get off Riots nuts and think for yourself, youre lacking.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
The delay on Kassadin's silence allows you to trade at least one ability. Targeted abilities can be queued to cast on him in the event that he decides to R -> Q. Any CC ability used in this way can easily win you the trade especially if you're not letting him land R for damage.
Which just reinforces my point of Kassadin not having less counterplay than Talon, but okay.

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
The delay on Kassadin's silence allows you to trade at least one ability. Targeted abilities can be queued to cast on him in the event that he decides to R -> Q. Any CC ability used in this way can easily win you the trade especially if you're not letting him land R for damage.
lol? Since when does a Kassadin wanna R knowing you have a CC waiting for him? They just usually spam Q or R in when you use ur abilities to farm just picking the right times to harass. I'm not sure what players you are up against but that never happens anywhere from what I've seen.

Henry Plainview

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincall View Post
I just realized why this game has so many skillshots, it's one of the only way they found to make an ability counterable, homogenization at its finest.
What?

Lord Graves III

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
You can wait for talon's W to down when he rakes lol? I mean even if so (which is not), is this really something you can trust Scarizard to do after what he was about to do to Rengar? Really? And it's not nice to tell people to go play another game.
Im sorry. Im just really sick of people wanting Dota mechanics in league. I love dota also, but counterplay is part of what makes league more fun to play seriously for me.

And talons rake is much much harder to dodge due to its cone AOE. If you are in range of it, you are probably gonna eat it. Hence less counterplay than most other assassins.

Quote:
you just called for homogenization. and you subjectively labeled what is and isnt fun.
then you told me to go play a different game, which I happen to play anyways.

sorry sir, but you need to take a moment and think.
I have thought. Why should a character like Talon get to be powerful? If he is powerful, he is frustrating to play against, and why should the game be more frustrating than it already is?
I love Talon. Hes my favorite assassin. I still admit he has low counterplay and is no fun to lose to.

If only the winning side gets to have fun, its likely a poorly designed game. Riot realized this is the big problem with the moba genre.

Ananaias

08-20-2013

http://puu.sh/46BBN.png