Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali or Irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blistful

12-05-2010

The only faults with akali is that silences kills her so easily. A good chunk of her survivability is from the spell vamp. I've had multiple instances when a rather squishy shaco or teemo or tristana was chasing me with around 200 health and I popped shroud, waited for them to be in it, and just burst on them, giving me a kill and walking away with 500 or 1k health.
She has trouble taking down tanky champions too, but that's not a big issue.

Not sure about Irelia, haven;t played her that much, but when I go against her as Akali, I can burst her down early/mid game easily, but gets a lot harder late game, where the HP and magic resist comes at you.

Killerjacky

12-06-2010

I think Irelia and Akali are rather similar champs, both would do a burst of damage with AP build and Lich Bane, but due to the passive, Akali should be dealing much more damage than Irelia at 1v1; on the other hand, Irelia could do a not bad damage with her ult to the crowd, also her passive, W and ult gave her a little bit survivability. If you confident with your skills, go with Akali, somehow the hp, mr etc would be higher for Irelia at late game, but you should be able to dominate the mid game and make your advantage over Irelia at late game.

AsteriskCGY

12-06-2010

Well it depends how do you figure Irelia to be. I see her as an AD type champ, built like a Yi, but she also makes for a hybrid based on her skills.

Akali is more established so it won't be hard to find the right playstyle.

I bought Irelia cause she was new, and haven't really been able to do well with her.

Katjak

12-06-2010

Misleading posts all around. Akali is a stronger champ currently. Irelia is a breath of fresh air since she's new, but even top players are struggling to play her. In the flip side, these same top players wreck with Akali. She has insane chase, pretty insane escape by dodging to creeps, and outrageous DPS.

Fahgettaboudit

12-06-2010

Irelia is an attack speed champ (to make the most of her w's passive).

Zmezmer

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Testing

Forehl

02-04-2013

Testing too

TheRealDunbar

02-04-2013

Testing

TheImposterH

04-17-2013

testing testing

crashb

04-19-2013

I would get Akali but it's all preferences