Yorick Or Rumble?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl 36 Wartortle

08-19-2013

Hello,

I'm trying to find a strong top laner. After doing some looking around, I've come to either Yorick or Rumble.

However, I just don't know the pros or cons of either of them mid/late game.

Advice?

Forever IU

08-19-2013

Yorick. Win lane lose game
No fun, No skill, No mechanics.

Rumble. Win/Lose lane win game.
Takes a lot of micromanagement with his overhead/flamthrower/positioning/aiming.

Want to win? Play Rumble
Want to have fun? Play Rumble

Want to have absolutely no fun and not let anyone else have fun either? Play Yorick.

aFutureSelf

08-19-2013

I'd go for Rumble if you have a hard CC team that has champs like Sona, Sejuani, Jarvan, Kennen. He's really strong in lane but against people who can poke really hard early he'll have a rough time. But his team fight presence is phenominal to make up for those matches. And for the rest of his match ups he just wrecks face.

For some reason people say Yorick is super strong top lane but i never had problems against one. Especially if i get to pick after him. Then I'd pick Nasus w/ LS quints and the LS/SV mastery and ignore all his harass from levels 1-6. The only good thing i feel coming from Yorick is his ult on his adc, but if your adc isn't doing well then you're screwed pretty much.

Forever IU

08-19-2013

Yorick should support. Why the hell not?

He has the poke, sustain, slow, supporty skills (ult)

Robot Beat Rally

08-20-2013

Personally I love yorick, and I think he's fun and I have no problem winning with him, but there are champs I like a little more and I usually reserve him for the ones I have trouble with like Garen or teemo. It's easy to burn out on yorick, and I really can only recommend taking him as a sort of plan b when there's an enemy team comp you're nervous about rather than a main.

Orbv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Yorick is my fall back for top. If you like spam casters, you'll like him. Rumble is much harder to use in lane against a ranged enemy but has better team fighting later on.

Biased opinion, but Yorick is far better than people give him credit late game. If you've farmed at all, most people will ignore you in team fights, and spam from his ghouls and autoattacks procc'ing muramana and iceborn are enough to kill any carry. Along with Spirit Visage he will be tanky enough to last as a meat shield as well.

Rumble is far more forgiving though, he really does wreck in fights, whereas Yorick relies on the fact that everyone ignores him.

Nexttoradio

08-20-2013

I would stick with Rumble as a lot of Yorick's strength (aka his ult) relies on your team doing well and giving you something worthwhile to ult. (Ulting yourself is normally not very ideal) whereas Rumble's ult is just a zone of death and it will almost always be a zone of death unless your whole team is really really far behind.