Zed vs Renekton: Help Please :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gotanychimsphere

08-18-2013

I played vs Renekton. With us having the same items, he was able to outburst me by a longshot at level 6 and I was not used to it. Is there a certain way to beat him? He had 198 farm in 21 minutes so I think he greatly out-skilled me regardless but what's normally the best way to fight him?

Nyhver

08-18-2013

If you can't kill him by mid/late game with having the same amount of items then you won't be able to kill him, in lane Renekton wins v. Zed, what you can do is farm. You're not going to kill a competent Renekton in lane as Zed (Unless we're talking having BOTRK + LW), it's a farm lane for you both with the kill advantage going to Renekton.

lightdragoon88

08-18-2013

Jungler help.

TheRarePandaBear

08-18-2013

when i play a tough match up i just lasthit with q
and wait tell i get my big items or a jungle gank

Lemme play mid

08-18-2013

as Zed, fight the same way ou fight everyone.
Throw out a shadow right next to them so you your shadow and the enemy are all in a line, throw Q, and because your Q is longer range than your shadow you should be able to hit both of your Qs, then E for exra damage. Repeat. if theyre low enough, R-E-Q-Passive and they should die.

that's how i always do it, and i dont lose lane much doing it. it lets you do your full damage potential in 1 second or less without betting in melee range at all.

also, renekton is always hard to deal with early game. falls off late

Gotanychimsphere

08-18-2013

Okay thanks. The Vi on our team helped gank him a few times but it was still rough. He also did this strategy where he'd kill minions in between the first and second, then the second and base turrets even though the very first one was still up. Then if you tried to chase him he would just suicide. I've never seen anyone do that before. How do you counter someone like that?

Strangw

08-18-2013

Okay, I'm a Zed main, and Zed is not a good top. First off, taking him long lane makes his wave clear far less useful, because shoving a lane means the lane will be shoved for quite a bit, compared to mid where you can shove, take wraiths, shove, gank. This means you can't farm with skills as much. To make things worse, you can't trade most tops until 6. So that means you need to actually last hit, which is quite difficult against a laner that will jump on you if you do so. Easier with his passive, but still. You can only gank mid, which is the hardest lane to gank. Even at 6, you can't pull off a daring all in on a lot of tops, as apposed to mid where you will do so the moment you hit six (and if done right when the opponent is level 4-5). He can't splitpush super well becuase his mobility is just okay. So all in all, he is better mid, but he still can top if done right.

Lemme play mid

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotanychimsphere View Post
Okay thanks. The Vi on our team helped gank him a few times but it was still rough. He also did this strategy where he'd kill minions in between the first and second, then the second and base turrets even though the very first one was still up. Then if you tried to chase him he would just suicide. I've never seen anyone do that before. How do you counter someone like that?
He's doing something close to Proxy Singed, except Proxy Renekton. you pretty much go between those 2 towers and farm every minion. singed was so great at it because he could just run and minions would die by poison, so he wouldnt take too much auto attack damage from them, then he'd be unstoppable late game with the loads of farm he had.

i cant think of a counter

IS125249a956a4be4299b23

08-18-2013

the only way zed can kill renekton is if renekton wastes his stun on creeps, like literally all in renekton if he wastes his stun and you will likely kill him

second dont play zed top because people are too tanky for him to destroy in a 1v1

oPowerGG

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotanychimsphere View Post
simple really...
ive seen those kinds of singed and yi but never a renekton...
well u just ward ur blue(red / golems if ur in other side) its is better to get vision wards if the renek got tele cuz he is likely to tele to the ward in ur jg and do it for faster and get out before u notice it => if u eliminate all enemy wards he wont be able to do it
and get ur jg come gank not at tier 2 turret but between turrets where he appears
and advise him to jg at topper part of the jg rather than all round so that u and him can grab him everytime he tries that
the thing is beat him up terribly at the first or second try he is doing it so that he may never try it again