Dr. Mundo, Surgeon and Lover

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I8C SRS FACE

12-18-2009

Because the guys at leaguecraft are hosting that competition, I figured I'd write a guide for my best champion.

My guide.

Critiques are welcome. I focus mostly on tanking with what the enemy gives me and how to be effective early-game as his late game consists of ulti in, cleaver people, and slap things.

For the record, my rune page is crit for red, armor for yellow, and I need to replace my blue runes. I have -10% time spent dead quints in both my slots at the moment. I can build a better rune page for Mundo only, I know, but it also helps me a lot with the other champions I like to play.

tenthirtytwo

12-18-2009

Hey I started fooling around with mundo in practice games today and think he's pretty fun to play, just tough to aim the skillshot all the time.

I wanted to point out an error in your guide, assuming the in game passive is correct.

You say to get the ruby crystal first because of the passive health regen. However, you mistakenly calculate this number. You get 5.4 health per second because you actually took 3% (.03) of 180 rather than .3% (.003). .3% of 180 is .54 health per second, or 2.7 health per 5 seconds. This is significantly less than either regrowth or doran's shield.

Given the options, I think doran's shield is probably the best starting item simply for staying power until you get the ult. Only downside is that it doesn't build into anything. I look forward to giving your item build a whirl tomorrow!

I8C SRS FACE

12-19-2009

Oh god, you're right.

*sigh* I fail at math so hard. Going to edit it right now. Thanks.

I will say that I feel the Ruby Crystal is still a better get at level 1 than the Regrowth Pendant. With only masteries, you can have about 800 HP at level 1, which is a significant advantage over pretty much any other hero. (I believe the exact number is 808 or something like that but I'll need to be able to log back in again to double check.)

daNNux

12-19-2009

Actually i think that you seriously underestimate the damage Masochism does.

Everybody expects the maxxed cleaver and easyly dodge it if they are atlest somewhat skilled.

I always goes for masochism>cleaver. Makes you hit super hard. All my runes are Apen and crit runes.

I can kill most enemy heroes with 3-5 hits at low leves thanks to the high damage/crit%.

In most games i get first blood just because everybody expects the cleaver and not masochism. 100 damage av lvl1 isnt something too laugh at. Paired with a stunner/healer there are alot of zonecontrolling and champ killing with Mundo.

Starks fervour is also a really great item for him if you max masochism, regen, lifesteal, apen and attackspeed. Makes your Mundo truck hit faster and harder.

Ghost + Flash makes a good mobile DPS monster paired with Sadism.

Without a Name

12-19-2009

I played Dr.Mundo before he came into the rotation. And yeah I have to say I agree with most parts of your Guide.
But I think Doran's Shield is a much better starting Item than Ruby Cristal