corki's elo status

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kastr

12-19-2009

is corki still high ELO viable?

and if so what exactly makes him viable besides all his skills being AOE.

Does anyone still play him? because i haven't seen a corki and if there is one its once in a blue moon.

i've been interested in him for awhile but have never had enough points to afford him but now i do so im debating if i should buy him or not.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastr View Post
is corki still high ELO viable?

and if so what exactly makes him viable besides all his skills being AOE.

Does anyone still play him? because i haven't seen a corki and if there is one its once in a blue moon.

i've been interested in him for awhile but have never had enough points to afford him but now i do so im debating if i should buy him or not.
They keep nerfing the $hit out of him. They've been doing it since day 1. He's probably going to continue to be nerfed. I really like him a lot, but I don't play him anymore because they keep nerfing all his skills. I say don't bother buying him. I was going to buy him too, but I reconsidered when I realized that I wouldn't be getting what I payed for due the continuing nerfs...

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

he's still good in high elo.

i think he stars with mp regen like meki so he can harass. his damage/mana is fairly good at higher levels.

so he gets meki, boots, phage, then some b.f. sword based item. (maybe cleaver or executioner)

what makes him viable is his high aoe magic damage + good physical damage + great farming.

the only way to make corki a great carry is to farm well. the only way to do that is to harass your opponents well enough to do so.

DeanKeaton259

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
he's still good in high elo.

i think he stars with mp regen like meki so he can harass. his damage/mana is fairly good at higher levels.

so he gets meki, boots, phage, then some b.f. sword based item. (maybe cleaver or executioner)

what makes him viable is his high aoe magic damage + good physical damage + great farming.

the only way to make corki a great carry is to farm well. the only way to do that is to harass your opponents well enough to do so.
True, but I still have qualms about spending 6300 ip on a hero who gets nerfed two patches in a row. In my opinion, it's not worth it. If he stays stable for a while, then that's another story. But right now, I say don't buy him. It seems that Riot isn't through beating him with the nerf stick just yet.

AquaCaliente

12-20-2009

His Gatling gun ain't doing the same damage it use to :/

coronaas

12-20-2009

i played him through the last patch and still raped with him just about every game since alot of people dont have experience fighting against him. after this last nerf though ive been swapping between nasus teemo and sivir. i miss my old corki

my friend bought karthus when i bought corki and he laughed his ass off at me this patch