[Guide] Nidalee - Physical damage powerhouse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

12-29-2009

Been a while since I played her (got a load of runes with the IP I'd meant to save for her, and been lagging too much to play anyway -_-) but I've been using the Sheen/Frozen Mallet basis since I read this, and it's rocked every time. With the possible exception of a a max-expunged Twitch, no other champ is capable of inflicting so much slaughter at lvl 6.

One thing that I have yet to try which was suggested in a not unrelated Shaco thread was throwing in a lone Mejai's. It's a relatively small investment and only one slot, but it's a lump sum of potentially 220 AP - if you're doing well with it (able to maintain a minimum of 70 AP at all times - which you can get with two kills and an assist), it makes the upgrade from Sheen to Lichbane work, with all that that entails for Cougar slaughter and improved healing.

The only thing that I feel guilty about doing with my usual build is, if I'm doing well gold-wise, upgrading Sheen to Triforce even if I have Frozen Mallet. The 150% no time limit proc is too good...

Pectojin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

why would you want Phage for slow? with a decent 2+ enchanted boots, your 20 move speed from cougar and takedown no one gets away and in case of very fast ppl you got exhaust.... which is fool proof, i never see anyone have cleanse.

Niakor

02-05-2010

Hi everyone,

I got Nidalee lately and still trying to figure out what best suits her.
I used to play GP and I'm used to the Guise/sheen build but found that I have survavibility issues despite the nice heal (that I max out first for the buff).

I've found this guide pretty interesting for the frozen mallet but reallistically the build is
vamp/chalice/boots/frozen mallet/sheen, getting to the rest of it is when you're pretty much at the end already or at least for me it's not the core build any more..

So I've been trying to think of some builds for the same price (c. 6,000g+ before boots improvement) but unfortunately didn't have much time to try them out. Let me just know what you guys think.

1) Support DPS
- Catalyst the protector
- boots
- Catalyst > Innervating locket for the survavibility and the nice support to your team
- sheen to boost your damage output in cougar form
- Starcks fervor for the DPS and team buff as well

But... You don't have a slow... (and it's more expensive closer to 7,000...)
Still your buddies may be happy with it and it's quite improving Nida as well.

2) Support caster
- Catalyst the protector
- boots
- Catalyst > Innervating locket for the survavibility and the nice support to your team
- Rilay's scepter

This time you have a nice slow each time you cast a spell - I believe it's working with the traps as well.
I like this one but I'm concerned about the damage output plus you're stacking some AP with Rilays where it's not exactly an "AP" build...

3) "AP" build
I can't figure out any good AP build with Nida. Envisaged a lot of CDR in addition to guise but found it expensive compared to a sheen
- Guise
- boots
- sheen
- Rilay's scepter

Here I'm conncerned about survability. I guess she'd be very squichy with this one... You could probably fix it a bit with some shoes (i.e. no sorc shoes) but...

Empyron

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomaster View Post
just wrecked in my last game.

Sheen ----> Mobility -----------> banshee's --------->Trinity------------>bloodthirster--------------> I normally dont get past that so I was like w/e and got a tiamat.

I want to second this one as I've destroyed with it. slight diff. order though

Sheen > boots > Trinity Force > Bloodthirster > Banshee's > whatever...

Hyruke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2011

Nice guide, but I start like this:

Spells: Exhaust, Ignite.

Items: Once you have a good farming on early game, get Boots (350g), then Bilgewater Cutlass(1825g) - this is a pretty useful item for ganking, small burst and slowing, enough to kill almost any opponent with help of Exhaust and Ignite on early-mid game. Then Hextech and spell pen boots, Sheen, Rabbadon, Lichbane, Guardian Angel and Abbysal Sceptre.

Skills: Trap-Spear-Spear-Heal-Speal-Ult-Spear....Speal-Heal-Trap

SabbathViper

02-16-2011

Do you realize the last post on this thread was almost exactly a year ago?

Plus, you don't need slowing with Nidalee, as she's faster than everyone around with boots and pounce. A lot better to go Sheen early on for huge early game hits if you're going Lichbane anyways.

And two Lichbanes? Ugh. Where to begin.

Fiendolo

02-16-2011

nice necro

Hyruke

02-17-2011

Thx Sabbath for the reply, 1st lichbane was a mistake and thx for sharing ur opinion, rly slowing is not so needed, I guess it's just a beginner habit =)