[Guide] Nidalee - Physical damage powerhouse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunx

12-22-2009

im not positive but im pretty sure sheen stacks with her spear. Ive seen amumu's health drop by 1/3 in one spear if i throw it with the proc up. same with sion. It is definitely one of the strongest items she can get.

Daesik

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunx View Post
im not positive but im pretty sure sheen stacks with her spear. Ive seen amumu's health drop by 1/3 in one spear if i throw it with the proc up. same with sion. It is definitely one of the strongest items she can get.
Nope.

I strongly believe Nidalee is best played a support/burst character. She is too weak to do any decent damage. Just think.

When you can pick Yi, why on earth would you pick DPS Nidalee?

Chorus

12-26-2009

So I've been running with this build for awhile, haven't had much complaints.

I start off with a Mana Gem and a HP/MP pot. Next up is sheen, and depending on if I get a kill or two I get my boots.

My boots are usually Ninja Tabi. After boots, I buy the HP gem and work on Phage. If I continue to do good, I can finish up to a Trinity Edge before long. After trinity I buy another Zeal, and then from there I get a Phantom Dancer for the Crit/Move/Dodge. After that it depends on what I'm up against, weather I need magic defense or madreds razors, but by now the game is usually over.

I start off with Bushwhack usually and mine up the grass in my lane, starting with the closest to their tower. Me and my partner will hide in the grass near our tower if they decide to push farther, but they'll probably die becuase of the lack of defense and DOT from the trap. I continue to mine the grass through my lane allowing me to control where they can attack from. Usually I'll go:

Bushwhack
Heal
Bushwhack
Javeline
Heal
Cougar
Javeline
Heal
Bushwhack

And mix it up from there. Working pretty good so far.

gsuz

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daesik View Post
Nope.

I strongly believe Nidalee is best played a support/burst character. She is too weak to do any decent damage. Just think.

When you can pick Yi, why on earth would you pick DPS Nidalee?
ranged attack, a very good trap that enhances the damage on everyone on your team and a good heal which also boosts physical dps damage?

none of this can be done by Yi, and then Nidalee has better survival while having quite a strong burst

Gandalf 007

12-26-2009

AP nidalee is so much better than Phs nidalee IMO (and I've played both, extensively).

Daesik

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsuz View Post
ranged attack, a very good trap that enhances the damage on everyone on your team and a good heal which also boosts physical dps damage?

none of this can be done by Yi, and then Nidalee has better survival while having quite a strong burst
Traps are utility, heal is utility (get what I'm hinting at here?).
Nidalee has no chase ability whatsoever unless you count kitty 'jump' in which case, you don't have a ranged ability. Yi has Alpha Strike.

And survivability? Melee heroes (hint, not Nidalee) have higher defensive stat growth to counteract needing to get up in people faces. Yi's inability to be slowed is simply far better survivability than whatever Nidalee gains via a 255 heal (which has a .8 AP ratio by the way, making it REDICULOUS in an AP build).

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Raving about how bad she is? Not only is she as a carry as Yi (You can even use the same item build), but she's so much fun to play. I've never enjoyed playing a hero more than Nid.

Daesik

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezialn View Post
Raving about how bad she is? Not only is she as a carry as Yi (You can even use the same item build), but she's so much fun to play. I've never enjoyed playing a hero more than Nid.
I'm not saying she's bad, she's an amazing hero with a solid skillset. I'm simply saying the concept of a physical DPS build on her is stupid due to her fundementally bad setup for such a thing.

Vindictiv

12-28-2009

Just a quick update on the way i play her now. Max the heal 1st. You attack faster, farm faster, IT STAYS AT 50 MANA ALL THE TIME. Basically your rock solid and always full HP. With a pair of boots to help harassing with basically auto-shots.

Stay in caster and get phage for HP and chance to slow, goes nice with the heal attack speed. Then sheen then zeal/trinity force. I dont use too much cat early, usually for cleaning creeps close to my tower or if i think a pounce-swipe-take down can kill.

Traps i get to level 2 to help clean creeps early against good laners. I mostly use 4 to block each side of mid, in the bush. They do go up in mana cost so i like to keep it low to lay them around mid game.

Javelin trow is awesome but good players tend to avoid them. So i dont rely on that too much. Mostly useful when pushing towers, prevent them from defending the tower if you killed all their creeps.

Her cat damage is sick, once initiated i dump my cat abilities and jump out of there cause im usually the focused. Pop a heal and finish what ever is still up in caster form, go back to cat and finish the clean up.

With her heal on she is definitely dangerous in caster form. I like to get Last Whisper next then usually a phantom dancer. She definitely carries.

Fallen 62

12-29-2009

I play her a lot like you do Vindictiv. Or so it seems at least My build for her lately has been this way

Vamp Scepter
Zeal
Zeal
Boots (dependent on opponents)
Phage
Zeal + Phage -> Trin Force
Zeal -> Phantom
Vamp Scepter -> Bloodthirster
Phantom
BF Sword->IE

The Phantom and IE can be interchanged, depending on if you want more AS/Crit or More Damage. Most games I don't get to finish Bloodthirster because either the other team surrenders or I got stuck with a horrible PUG. I can't seem to get a happy medium, which is another matter...

I've thought about going AP, and I honestly like the Damage version of her better. I've made an all AP, and an AP/Dmg hybrid, and I simply thing the damage version is better. I may have to try an all out AP build again just to test and have some fun, but currently I'm very partial to the way I play her.