[Guide] Nidalee - Physical damage powerhouse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canis

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
I agree with Sanji. Sheen will be doing more damage than lichbane at the end. I suggest Zeal if you want the move speed as it comes with attack speed, crit chance, and movement speed, plus it can be made into a phantom dancer. By the time you pick up the lichbane in your build you should not have any problems with the amount of mana you have as well.
I thought about it, but I am also thinking of dropping sheen/lichbane all together as my AP isn't very high to being with, I am not going AP build and this will free up a large amount of cash to do something else (like phantom dancer for stupid amounts of AS, Crit, and DODGE!?).

Stuck at work but crunching the numbers it seems to work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShowMeYourMoves

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Crit got destroyed in the game I tried it.

Sure I had 87% crit chance (I am not even kidding that's what it was showing in the character pane)...and was critting for 300. I was extremely squishy and had no way of keeping champions from running away from me. If I want crit, I'll go for infinity + crit runes (from red) The attack speed for the crit build was also very slow and would need something to get her attacking a lot faster, and then a slow, and life steal which means we are going back into the same thing is above.

It CAN work, so swap out lichbane for phantom dancer, and get infinity edge at the end. This should boost your crit to fairly high amounts.

hmph, so critical Nadalee is not an option.

I was thinking about the same thing.

Since only take down benfits from critical, a critical build will render her other skills useless.


Also without tank item, she is squishy, even shooting spears in human form is already dangerous, let alone cougar form into battle.

I guess she will fall into the same categlory as Katarina.

Raw damage > critical burst.

Although, a lucky crit from take down will always hurt a squishy champion.

I guess keeping a decent crit for her is not a bad choice.


throw in an infinity edge into the item build wouldn't be a bad idea.


However, games are usually over by the time you have frozen mallet and a blood thirstier (of course, boots, sheen, included)


If you found anything new about the builds, please share it.



By the way, have you tried

Infinty Edge
Phantom Dancer
Frozen Mallet
Atmas Impaler

item set up?


That is what I usually get on my DPS Sion, and I was wondering if it would work on Nadalee.

Last but not least,

Which rune do you think is the best for her?

I was thinking about building an dodge rune page and turn her into "jax tank"

although, that would be useless against AP team.

Cooldown reduction might be a way to go but I feel that it is not the best.


I think either armor pen. or magic pen will work the best on her.

I would like to hear opinions before setting up a full rune page.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whomaster

Senior Member

12-19-2009

just wrecked in my last game.

Sheen ----> Mobility -----------> banshee's --------->Trinity------------>bloodthirster--------------> I normally dont get past that so I was like w/e and got a tiamat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodGod22

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
With an AP build you are suffering a huge loss of static HP. With this build I have 2 sources of returning health back to me, just by wacking on stuff. This way I am not going back to town every 3 minutes because I am out of life, or can't spend a minute spamming heals on myself before returning back in.

I can stay inside of a team battle even though I am getting hit and be decently effective. Pounce already deals 300 damage, increase that with lichbane and the AP (again her scaling ISN'T GREAT. 0.4 for multiple abilities where most people who stack AP are looking at pretty much 1:1 ratios)

Yeah traps are not a big thing as they are sometimes hard to get people to land on.

The attack speed bonus from a few items means if your abilities are on cooldown (they are a few seconds at least) or you get silenced (happens) you can still smash away autoattacking and kill people rather quickly. I went toe to toe with someone who stacked AP, and me stacking this method. It came down to the fact that I was hitting and draining 40% of the damage in life and they were not. They died within a few seconds and I walked away with almost half life. I got the first hit in with pounce but they responded the same way with pounce and continued from there.

As I said with AP I am going to fully test it tomorrow when I am on (at work at the moment) and going to post back the results between the two. But at the moment this is crushing every opponent I am going up against.
I recomend Rylai's Scepter on her instead of Frozen Mallet if going for an AP build....it gives AP, Health and a slow effect which she needs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canis

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeYourMoves View Post
If you found anything new about the builds, please share it.

By the way, have you tried

Infinty Edge
Phantom Dancer
Frozen Mallet
Atmas Impaler

item set up?
When the servers are back up I will be doing an AP build and post the differences. As for runes and such I have a decent set up which is: Red - % crit, Yellow - hp/level (to make up for the squishiness), Blue - FLAT % reduction (not /level) and Quints is raw hp.

I did try stacking the dodge runes on her but coming out with only 6% dodge wasn't that great. Even if I get ninja tabi I am looking at 20% dodge which is OKAY but not amazing. The true power comes from taking damage and getting it back a moment later.

Armor pen is something else I thought about which is good but Malady makes up for it with the fact it keeps stacking the damage instead of trying to lower armor. Also if you are up against a tank the second you engage, drop a trap right ontop of them. Most of the time they don't even SEE it let alone get out of the way of it.

Going to be dropping lich out of the build for Phantom Dancer soon (after I can test of course), and as a final item getting Infinity but games aren't lasting that long, normally I am crushing the enemy by then or the enemy has already destroyed half our base. Atmas is something that I have not tried as she doesn't have high HP to begin with, so going razor would be better off with the AS bonus as well as 3% of the enemy's max hp per swing in damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arizenkin

Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
When the servers are back up I will be doing an AP build and post the differences. As for runes and such I have a decent set up which is: Red - % crit, Yellow - hp/level (to make up for the squishiness), Blue - FLAT % reduction (not /level) and Quints is raw hp.

I did try stacking the dodge runes on her but coming out with only 6% dodge wasn't that great. Even if I get ninja tabi I am looking at 20% dodge which is OKAY but not amazing. The true power comes from taking damage and getting it back a moment later.

Armor pen is something else I thought about which is good but Malady makes up for it with the fact it keeps stacking the damage instead of trying to lower armor. Also if you are up against a tank the second you engage, drop a trap right ontop of them. Most of the time they don't even SEE it let alone get out of the way of it.

Going to be dropping lich out of the build for Phantom Dancer soon (after I can test of course), and as a final item getting Infinity but games aren't lasting that long, normally I am crushing the enemy by then or the enemy has already destroyed half our base. Atmas is something that I have not tried as she doesn't have high HP to begin with, so going razor would be better off with the AS bonus as well as 3% of the enemy's max hp per swing in damage.
I think your going to like the Phantom Dancer better than the lich bane. Just leave don't upgrade the sheen. My last item is usally IE or the razor (if its a high hp team).

My current rune set up is Red % crit chance, Yellow hp / level, Blue mana reg. (May swap out blue for %CD runes.. )


I think I am going to try out AP builds today. I'm a little nervous because I'm not great at hitting with javelin toss, and traps are hit and miss. But we'll see how it goes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aethernaught

Member

12-19-2009

I go....
Malady
Phage/Boots
Phage/Boots
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster/Infinity
Bloodthirster/Infinity

I get why people would say "go frozen mallet", but honestly, when you spam her heal on yourself when you already have other atk speed items, you reach like 2.3 atks/second. You WILL keep them slowed with just a phage, and you can instead invest the money elsewhere


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seresibyl

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethernaught View Post
I go....
Malady
Phage/Boots
Phage/Boots
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster/Infinity
Bloodthirster/Infinity

I get why people would say "go frozen mallet", but honestly, when you spam her heal on yourself when you already have other atk speed items, you reach like 2.3 atks/second. You WILL keep them slowed with just a phage, and you can instead invest the money elsewhere
Gonna give your build a go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canis

Senior Member

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethernaught View Post
I get why people would say "go frozen mallet", but honestly, when you spam her heal on yourself when you already have other atk speed items, you reach like 2.3 atks/second. You WILL keep them slowed with just a phage, and you can instead invest the money elsewhere
It's not just the slow it's the HP as well it's 700 health vs 200, that 500 hp difference is a bunch of hits normally which means the difference between running away, and getting squashed. Usually by that point in the game (usually by level 8-11) I have frozen mallet and I am as bad as a tank to take down. By later in the game I become a bit easier to kill but still rather scary when I have a huge boost mid game to my health. I have escaped from 2-3v1's without too much of an issue (last night escaped from a 5v1 LOL)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ITSSEXYTIME

Junior Member

12-19-2009

I like to go:

Sapphire Crystal
Stinger
Sheen
Meki Pendant
Nashors Tooth
Malady
whatever, usually an armour or osmething


Nashors Tooth is amazing for Nidalee. Cooldown reduction, attack speed, ability power and mana regen (all of which she needs)