Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE launcher not working

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superspaceman

Recruiter

08-17-2013

I tried everything and my launcher still won't start. All I see is the LoL logo popping up and nothing else happens afterwards, help pls.

Cheiron

Huntsman

08-17-2013

Did you try running it in admin mode?

BrightEyz

Release Coordinator

08-18-2013

Hey there Superspaceman,

Can you please give us a bit more information about what you mean by "tried everything"?

We'd also like to gather logs from your launcher/patcher system if possible. Please open your League of Legends install in a file browser, go to "{your lol install path}/RADS", and grab all the files named "rads_lol_launcher.log[1,2,3 etc.]" and "rads_user_kernel.log[1,2,3 etc.]". You can zip them up together and upload them as an attachment to this thread for us to investigate.

If the LoL logo remains visible, it's possible that it's running fine but just taking a long time to download a new patcher. Unfortunately, we don't have a progress bar for that stage of the update, but if the logo is staying visible try giving it 5-10 minutes to see if it's a slow download issue.

Otherwise, if the logo is disappearing and nothing happens then there's a good chance that something has indeed gone wrong.

If none of your troubleshooting has worked so far I can suggest 2 things to try:
1. Try opening your installation in the file browser and deleting the folder: "{your lol install path}/RADS/projects/lol_launcher", then try running it again (remember to give it some time to download a fresh launcher)
2. If that doesn't work, it might be worth trying a fresh install.

If you need any more explanation about anything I've mentioned above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Bigpapichuloshow

08-18-2013

Quote:
BrightEyz:
Hey there Superspaceman,

Can you please give us a bit more information about what you mean by "tried everything"?

We'd also like to gather logs from your launcher/patcher system if possible. Please open your League of Legends install in a file browser, go to "{your lol install path}/RADS", and grab all the files named "rads_lol_launcher.log[1,2,3 etc.]" and "rads_user_kernel.log[1,2,3 etc.]". You can zip them up together and upload them as an attachment to this thread for us to investigate.

I am experiencing this as well, I noticed a file called FAILED_TO_OPEN_JOJOPATCH, I deleted it. I looked into this and people had trouble with this a while back. Updated launcher and still failed.

I am running lol.launcher.admin.exe as administrator.

ZeroAgainst

08-19-2013

i had that happen to me 2 did you start it from desktop if you did you gotta find it in the folder it unzipped or installed to :P

Syykunno

08-20-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7CGbRceyA Here Hope this Helps! DONT TELL ANYONE PLEASE

SnootyWeirdo

Recruiter

08-21-2013

Hey BrightEyz if you set your monitor's refresh rate to anything higher than 60 Hz, the launcher will just show logo then exits, nothing happens. Damn, can you imagine how much trouble I went through just to figure that out. lol You will NEVER suspect that the problem is the refresh rate. It happened to me before in game client (game won't start after champ select if more than 60Hz), but fortunately it is fixed now. Apparently you need to fix the launcher too. lol I'm using Windows 8.1 beta (Win8 too I think same prob), Nvidia card, LCD LED @75Hz 1080p Please fix it. Thanks
Temporary fix: Change monitor to native resolution and refresh rates (60Hz) then just change it again after logging in.