Can you jump the whole entire Division (e.g S1 to Plat V) ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HardProduction3

04-06-2014

Hi, I have a question:

Let's say: you are in promo in Silver I right now (100 LP) and you have Plat V MMR (both your teamates AND your enemies are all 9 players from Plat division. You are the only one in both teams from Silver).

Let's say that you win this promo, can you jump straight to Plat V or are just gonna land in Gold I after promo?

Please anyone who are 100 % sure about this answer, please help me out! It should be possible to jump to Plat V imo.

Dementation

04-06-2014

It was posted a while ago, but Riot made a post stating that in rare cases, where someone was like Silver or something but had a played verse players who were a whole tier above them (Silver playing verse something like Gold 1/Plats) would be able to skip that tier entirely. This is supposed to be extremely rare but implemented to help those who are actually in that situation.

HardProduction3

04-06-2014

I mean: how does it work for those pro players who are smurfing? Since they problay would go 24-3 W-L

They would def. get so high mmr so after 15 games, facing plat players. So in that case: it should be possible to skip whole entire division?

Rosy

04-06-2014

I don't see how anyone could have plat MMR while in silver, even after winning every single game from silver 5 to silver 1.

Venser1798

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
I don't see how anyone could have plat MMR while in silver, even after winning every single game from silver 5 to silver 1.
Probably dodged a lot

thefenceturtle

04-06-2014

Quote:
By winning every single game from silver 5 to silver 1.

HardProduction3

04-06-2014

Quote:

well, it's def. possible. There are plenty of streams where LCS players rushing through the ladder in no time.

AkaIi or AFK

04-06-2014

Quote:
Your MMR isn't generated through only your wins, its also calculated by how you perform in games. If you're carrying games hard (Lots of kills, no deaths) Your MMR will spike higher than if you won a game with a mediocre kda.

If you're constantly going 20 / 5 / x, in games, taking lots of objectives and winning most of your games, your MMR is going to sky rocket, and you can find your self in this position.

Rosy

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightMeIRLufgt View Post
Your MMR isn't generated through only your wins, its also calculated by how you perform in games. If you're carrying games hard (Lots of kills, no deaths) Your MMR will spike higher than if you won a game with a mediocre kda.

If you're constantly going 20 / 5 / x, in games, taking lots of objectives and winning most of your games, your MMR is going to sky rocket, and you can find your self in this position.
lol no, your MMR is not based on KDA. It's based on wins, losses, and the MMR of your team mates and enemies.

kdHuCoB8S3

04-06-2014

I've never seen that happen. But apparently its possible?