Forum disruptions

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotOpti

Community Coordinator

Follow Opti on Twitter

08-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi,

I'm writing to let you all know that we're aware of the situation with certain forum accounts posting private player information and engaging in forum and in-game harassment.

We've actually been working hard behind the scenes to understand and address the situation, but want to let you know:

(a) Adjudicators, Wrenchmen, and even the vast majority of Rioters don't have access to your personal information (including email address and password)

(b) We don't condone the sort of behavior that we’re seeing; we ban those who engage in disruptive behavior in game or on the forums.

We’re still investigating the situation and we'll share details once we’ve made good headway towards resolution.

Thanks all.

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

First

Damiya Colonel J

08-16-2013

Did you talk to Lenekton Bot about FEK yet?

Master Yi is OP

08-16-2013

Yay. Finally official Red response.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpti View Post
we're aware of the situation with certain forum accounts posting private player information and engaging in forum and in-game harassment.
This is first acknowledgement that someone actually has information of someone else(other than adjudicators)'s account.

EnderForHegemon

08-16-2013

Riot said earlier that this had been resolved, and confirmed that several times. Is information still being posted or not?

Dactylogram

08-16-2013

Oh this is why the old thread got deleted. Anyways thanks for the info.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Thank you for acknowledging the situation and looking into it. However, I'm a little disappointed that you straight-up deleted our 200+ page thread about the issue, I think that's a little extreme, it could have simply been closed, but I understand the desire to put the issue behind yourselves, at least this is being looked into...

I still have a couple of concerns(things I, and others, would like to know once you have more information), one being that some of the summoners whose personal information got leaked were not part of the big troll we're being told that incident was, though I know that many of them are.

Another concern is that players that were knowingly part of the incident we're now calling a big troll don't seem to have been forum banned yet.

Another is that the accounts he managed to "brute force", as we were told, didn't seem to be random names or luck at all, he seemed to have chosen specific accounts(such as in the case of Larias' account) or ones with contested "badass" names(Devil, Chrome, PVP).
And if that's so, I'm curious as to how he knew specific names of forum moderators when none of us do.

And(I place this here carefully because I know that it's most likely not the case) but what do you say to the claims that a Riot employee is leaking information to him(the troll, PVP, claims RiotJay), and what do you say to the claim that the guy doing this "knows the CEO" of Riot. I, for one, would like to know that such things would not be tolerated at Riot.

Leo the yordle

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpti View Post
Hi,

I'm writing to let you all know that we're aware of the situation with certain forum accounts posting private player information and engaging in forum and in-game harassment.

We've actually been working hard behind the scenes to understand and address the situation, but want to let you know:

(a) Adjudicators, Wrenchmen, and even the vast majority of Rioters don't have access to your personal information (including email address and password)

(b) We don't condone the sort of behavior that we’re seeing; we ban those who engage in disruptive behavior in game or on the forums.

We’re still investigating the situation and we'll share details once we’ve made good headway towards resolution.

Thanks all.
If I may ask, what defines 'disruptive forum behavior'?

I mean this more as a general question.

American slave

08-16-2013

Riot saved my marriage thank you Riot

TechBuddy1994

08-16-2013

Why do they have to continue this?... It's over, so get over it... I mean, in the other thread, they pretty much resolved it.

Of course I get downvoted by the pitchfork idiots...

1234511 ... 17