How is Anivia balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Early Grace

12-04-2010

Did I just own you?

Genuine tiger

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2310 View Post
yea but frost bite alone pretty much sucks so you have to shill the enemy first
wasnt that thak bout cool downs?

02felt20

12-04-2010

I've seen anivia many times. I've played both as her, and against her. When I play her, I feel like a god. You all say her cooldowns are long, but with her ability to farm so well,even if she cant control blue buff all game, she can easily farm the cdr she needs.

And as for her stun being difficult to land, her wall is stupid easy to block with, leading to a stupidly easy to land ult, followed by a stun that is almost impossible to miss because your target is both slows and forced to path around the wall.

Positioning is also almost a moot point considering that anivia has some of the best skills in the game to control enemy placement in her ult and her wall.

Yaruu

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02felt20 View Post
This is not a QQ thread, but rather a serious inquiry into how Anivia is balanced.

It seems to me that a champion that has not only the best burst, the best sustained aoe dps, 2 slows, a stun, and wall, which is a unique version of cc that only she has (besides trundle) is balanced.

As if all that weren't enough, she gets a free guardian angel.

I just don't get how people can think that panth is imbalanced when anivia bursts twice as hard, at range, in an aoe, with a guardian and a wall to protect her.
Sounds like you haven't even played Anivia before.

CthulhuMythos

12-04-2010

If your a noob Anivia = fail, if your a so-so Anivia = fail.. if your a good Anivia player who actually knows positioning and can skill shot = Epic win.

218LoveCyst

12-04-2010

her egg is FAR from a free guardian angel. 99% of the time its useless endgame.

Birdy51

12-04-2010

I'm suprised though that I don't see her more often working with Ashe or Nunu. They can chill the opponent, leaving Anivia free to blast them with Frostbite, dealing double damage.

Death Aura

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGriffin View Post
Because she's slow as hell, her main source of burst damage is an easy-to-dodge skillshot, she snorts mana like it's ground Tears of the Goddess cut with cocaine, and her "Ultimate CC/Escape" is negated by flash, or any of the other hundred billion dash moves out there. Also, to get off her combo and hit your weak point for massive damage, she has to roam dangerously close.

Also, as an aside she's insanely easy for Blitzcrank to grab (or any other skillshot, for that matter) because she's the size of an aircraft carrier.
+1

classy

NoClip Dog

12-04-2010

Because she is slow, easy to cc and when she turns into an egg she is just a free kill. Forgot to say that she burns mana faster than most champions.

Volroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

Pros: Many CC, Huge Dmg, Gamebreaking in the right hands

Cons: Extreme skill required, Mana-hungry monster, Fragile, Worthless end-game passive.

Need more?