Should Bullet Time be invulnerable to disables?

Yes 13 18.31%
No 58 81.69%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Miss Fortune's ult, Bullet Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheetahSpeedLion

12-03-2010

First of all, I want to make clear that I'm not starting this thread as a form of 'trolling'. This part of the forum is a dedicated space for providing feedback about the champions and our game experience and that is exactly what I want this thread to be: a serious discussion, limited to relevant arguments in favor or against the point I will soon present. Please don't post irrelevant or hateful comments that have nothing to do with this discussion.

The main point I want to debate, in hopes of getting some attention from the Riot team, is the fact that Miss Fortune's ult, Bullet Time, can be disabled. Presently, it is possible to stop her barrage of bullets by simply hitting her with stun/silence/suppression. I strongly believe that this should not be allowed to happen for the following reasons:

1- MF will be one of the team's carries and, therefore, the rest of the team will depend on her to provide as much damage during a team fight as possible. Her AoE ult is her main weapon to hurt the opposing team and it is essential for her team's success. Having her ult disabled leaves MF in a situation where she only relies on her auto attack and other abilities, which do not deal serious damage to various targets.

2- It is very easy for an enemy tank to approach MF while she is starting her ult and do a simple stun/silence on her. She cannot move after all, and since she will be one of her team's main damage sources, she will be focused by the enemy team.

3- Bullet Time's AoE cone is already at a disadvantage when pitted against other AoE ults and spells because:
a- It needs to be aimed with precision - highly possible to waste it
b- MF stands still until the attack is finished - she cannot move to avoid getting hit, or chase anyone while surrounded by an AoE spell (Kennen, Fiddle).

Therefore, I think the only way MF's Bullet Time should be stopped is by killing her - which is not too difficult to do. Any manner of disables should not stop her attack from reaching its full potential.

Please do not post any of the following off-topic comments:
i- Arguing against MF being invincible - I am not suggesting she become invulnerable to death or targeting during her ult. Her ult should obviously stop if she's killed. Therefore, her being invincible is not in question.

ii- Discussion about other champions and their ults - we will inevitably mention other champions and their ults for comparison purposes, but this thread shouldn't lose its focus on MF's ult and it being disabled.

iii- Comments about proper positioning/aiming the ult - we are assuming that MF has cast Bullet Time from a safe distance and aimed it correctly at several enemies. The problem we're discussing arises after her attack has started and how easy it is to stop it from doing its full damage.

iv- Posts with absolutely no value to the discussion - please only post if you have an argument you consider valid to the conversation.

Nocalex

12-03-2010

MF has huge range on her ult, and bullet time has a pretty substantial range allowing you to set up a slow. She cleans up fights like one ones business. She's not the only one with a channeled ult. stop crying and learn how to play her.

stevekc

12-03-2010

its your teams tanks job to stop you getting disabled and your own positioning thats gonna keep you from not getting interupted.

You never played Kat btw? you stand in middle of the team fight doing your ulti and its her only major source of dmg in team fights.

So, no.

Voyager I

12-03-2010

Bullet Time has a much longer range than any disable in the game. If you get interrupted, you did something wrong.

CheetahSpeedLion

12-03-2010

As mentioned earlier, positioning is not the issue here (please read point iii). The thing is that, no matter how far you position yourself from your enemies, it is far too easy for a tank with a disable to get close to MF while she is standing still. The only solution to that would be to position yourself even farther away, but then you will hit no one. So the effectiveness of the ult is very low.

chumbler

12-03-2010

This argument gets brought up for Kat's, Nunu's, and Galio's ults as well and even those shouldn't be immune to disables. You can't just ignore these others if you are trying to evaluate Miss Fortune's ult, as the only difference is that hers is safer. It makes even less sense to ask for bullet time to be immune given its range and Miss Fortune's mobility. If you're getting disabled during it then you need to either position or time it better, or both. We just got out of a heavy aoe metagame, they don't need absurd buffs like this.

No, it should not be immune to disables.

NeonSp4rk

12-03-2010

I dont think it depends on positioning guys, it doesnt matter how well positioned MF is ...the other team will be focusing her for sure and as soon as she starts her ult. you can bet that someone from the other team will try to end it with a silence or supress. I really think positioning is out of the question. Is just to bad that after you spend so much time positioning, ranging and on top of that have to stay put to use it (her ult.) someones comes and ends it. Is not a good thing for a champ thats a team carrier.

Dovian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

The problem with saying they can't argue using your predetermined points is that you're stripping them of their best arguments against you. There are plenty more ults that have AOE's that require the Champion to be even closer than MF is when they go off. And they all suffer the exact same weaknesses. Yes the argument is about proper positioning and timing, and pointing out ults that are even more susceptible to the exact things you call a problem with MF are relevant and not off topic. Stop trying to make arbitrary restrictions on the discussion just so you look like you're right.

CheetahSpeedLion

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovian View Post
The problem with saying they can't argue using your predetermined points is that you're stripping them of their best arguments against you. There are plenty more ults that have AOE's that require the Champion to be even closer than MF is when they go off. And they all suffer the exact same weaknesses. Yes the argument is about proper positioning and timing, and pointing out ults that are even more susceptible to the exact things you call a problem with MF are relevant and not off topic. Stop trying to make arbitrary restrictions on the discussion just so you look like you're right.
Actually, I'm trying to keep the discussion on topic. Should MF's ult be disabled or not? I know there are champions with AoE ults that need to get closer than MF, but those ults don't get stopped by a simple silence or a stun. For example, Kennen and Fiddlesticks get to run around with their AoE ults around them and don't get suppressed.

I've heard a lot about Kat's ult being disabled just like this and I just have to say that it probably should be immune to disables as well, in my opinion. How do you justify stripping a champion of his most powerful attack by a simple silence?

chumbler

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robialgaro View Post
Actually, I'm trying to keep the discussion on topic. Should MF's ult be disabled or not? I know there are champions with AoE ults that need to get closer than MF, but those ults don't get stopped by a simple silence or a stun. For example, Kennen and Fiddlesticks get to run around with their AoE ults around them and don't get suppressed.

I've heard a lot about Kat's ult being disabled just like this and I just have to say that it probably should be immune to disables as well, in my opinion. How do you justify stripping a champion of his most powerful attack by a simple silence?
High risk high reward. Kennen's ult is an outlier and is probably too powerful right now (its original version was much weaker, but it got buffed a while ago and then the other really strong aoe ults got nerfed.) Fiddlesticks has to channel his ult before he uses it and a good team will be aware of potential spots he could pop out of and position themselves accordingly.

More to the point, you can't examine MF's ult in a vacuum. You can't balance one thing alone by the nature of the word "balance." MF's ult should not be immune to disables, nor should Kat's. If the enemy team outplays you by negating your team's interference or you position yourself badly and they disable your ult, they should be rewarded by the disabling of the ult.