Riot Matchmaking Sytem

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RuptureModulus

08-15-2013

Hi guys, first time poster here. This happened on my OCE account, but as the forums are still growing there, I thought I would share this here instead to get more responses.

Now keep in mind, this has happened to me quite a few times already, but this game was just...super memorable as our team had a rager and an afk as well.

I have noticed, especially lately, that often I would be matched against a heavily one-sided team. I know most of you have had this experience, and some with a bad luck streak has had this happen quite a few times.

It would be good to get an understanding of how the matchmaking system works when you enter a queue and potentially what can be done about it. After all, it's 20 minutes of your life that you want to have fun with, and to be honest, when you get a rager, an AFK, against a team like that, it's not exactly the most fun you can have.

If anyone can provide some insight, it would be appreciated.

iamt3n

08-15-2013

Basically the gloves are off once people queue with multiple friends

Its too hard to balance teams when you queue with your friends. It happens often which is pretty lame but considering if you play during off-peak hours matchmaking lowers their standards of fair teams the longer you have to wait

RuptureModulus

08-15-2013

Usually when this happens, it's actually during peak time where I am, around 8pm at night.

rExekias

Game Design Intern

08-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As has been previously stated, we try our best to create fair matches, but in the pre-made case this can be very difficult. We’re working on posting a FAQ to answer these and other questions you might have about matchmaking.

Hime

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Exekias View Post
As has been previously stated, we try our best to create fair matches, but in the pre-made case this can be very difficult. We’re working on posting a FAQ to answer these and other questions you might have about matchmaking.
Any chance that we can get a no premades match making option?

Lopeko

08-16-2013

Quote:
I gave up talking about the ranking system. Its pointless.

I am almost done with this game. I am down to only playing 1 or 2 matches in a day, not everyday anymore. I used to play a lot everyday.

FattyDrake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Part of this problem is also from Normal and Ranked queues having separate MMR. So people who play ranked all the time queue with a friend of theirs, and their Normal MMR is close to base average, even if they're, say, Platinum. Wouldn't a simple solution be to just use the higher of the two MMR's when queuing for Normals?

JeffIsLegendary

08-17-2013

Quote:
You could try having no duos available in solo queue, which is the worst idea in the history of the universe

Just saying

Sephrinx

08-19-2013

Riot please.

http://i.imgur.com/qbb2u9L
GoldV, Silver IV, Silver II, Gold V, Silver II -VS- Diamond III, Silver II, Silver V, Silver IV, Plat III
http://i.imgur.com/kRwzbim
Silver IV, Silver II, Silver II, Bronze I, Unranked -VS- Silver II, Bronze I, PLat V, Plat IV, Silver I
http://i.imgur.com/gOtG0xU
Unranked, Silver II, Bronze II, Unranked, SIlver IV -VS- Plat IV, Gold V, Silver V, Gold I, Gold II
http://i.imgur.com/t6HH2q9
Silver II, Silver III, Bronze II, Silver I, Silver I -VS- SIlver II, Gold V, Plat V, Silver I, Silver V
http://imgur.com/oB3jYRl
Bronze I, Plat IV, Silver II, Gold IV, Gold IV -VS- Silver II, Silver V, Silver III, Unranked, Silver V

Sephrinx

08-19-2013

Quote:
It's been what, Three + years? You would think a simple algorithm would have been devised by now.