Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Proposition] Shyvana Kit Rework.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estred Shantile

09-01-2013

I couldn't help but post a bit there. Consistency with dashes my rear end. Movement skills I can understand. Not activating Descent while Stunned/Dazed/Silence I can understand. But causing her to STOP mid-movement by a non-movement causing skill (daze,root,stun) is pure inconsistent with what the Riot was speaking of.

tikigodku

09-01-2013

Dragon form that ends in a stun seems a lot like Malphite's ult. I would love to see her get some form of cc before 6, and maybe instead of a stun on dragon form you can make it a taunt, just to make it different from Malphite

copperpoint

09-02-2013

There is still a difference, Malph ulti has a knockup which is uneffected by tenacity + it interrupts stuff like katha's ulti. It would be similar in a way, but malph has follow up cc and a higher survival rate, so it is different in how everything works out and what he is trying to do by charging into an enemy group.

A stun would be effected by tenacity, but it would still interrupt.

Taunt... is a tactical option, although a fear effect might make more sense, but doesnt sound so useful for a melee champ.

We also discussed other options that dont include CC, but more of a buff/ debuff or a tank supporting skill to make it unattractive/ ineffective to shoot her right after her dive.

-Reduced dmg vs herself: Tank skill
-Red. dmg against everyone: Only Vlads ulti comes to mind that does this. Would be a group debuff.

The current pushing effect usually doenst do much, sometimes it actually moves everything into bad positions.
I would prefer what was said so far: A simple aoe stun, taunt, slow... or a tank steroid for the 1st 3 seconds after landing ?

I think I would just stick to a simple short aoe stun. But I leave that part to Riot and to further testing.

I just hope they do something about her at all.

copperpoint

09-04-2013

Up for the sake of it.

Lately I am starting to play other champs top more often to get a better relation if Shyvana is really that bad or not.

I am going for Chogath as an AP top, Pantheon as an AD top and maybe teemo as a reserve. I also have Vlad and Voli but I havent played those in ages. ^^
So far Cho feels just so much more powerful then Shyvana, only the mana consume is a drawback in my eyes.
He has more options at all times and deals enough damage even if he only goes for tank items.

Yea and Pantheon... yea, we all know what a good pantheon top can do

All the mentioned champs are way easier to equip then her.

IonDragonX

09-06-2013

Well, there looks to be hope that our Dragon-Lady will get some love. This is a report from the PBE.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/25...9-5-new-viktor (http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/25628-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-9-5-new-viktor)

New Dragon's Descent tooltip says:

Quote:
Active: Shyvana transforms into a dragon and takes flight to a target location breathing a long trail of fire in front of her as she flies, dealing X(+X) magic damage and leaving a trail that deals the same amount of damage over 4 seconds. Enemies along her path are knocked toward her target location. While in dragon form, Shyvana's attacks and abilities have extra range.

So, it will remain to be seen if this stays but :

A) her flame breath deals AoE damage ahead of her as she flies (yay!)
B) her ult deals up to double damage if the stay in the burn trail
C) the CC is better, not knocking enemies aside anymore
D) she gets longer AA range, like all the other giants (yay!) this will improve her Q as well!

copperpoint

09-06-2013

I read this very carefully and stay sceptical until I see it implemented or get a post that ctually say that it does THIS and THIS now.

But so far it indicates a lot of things and if you are right it might already become a nice push for her. Although Riot seems to have a different oppinion about the anti CC thing during fly or at least untill now.
Cant wait to see possible follow ups and how this turns out.

If Riot now manages to somehow make it a bit more profitable to buy AP on her then a Hybrid build might actually do some good.

Cant wait to see more.

Glorious Triumph

09-06-2013

As my test on Live PBE, the Burn out in dragon form will not scorch the ground and not dealing damage

copperpoint

09-06-2013

I would still love to see our E-burning effect implemented. I just love that idea. The new ulti fits that design even better now.

The new size increase is an eye candy too. I am so happy to see something happening. ^^

IonDragonX

09-06-2013

Quote:
Glorious Triumph:
As my test on Live PBE, the Burn out in dragon form will not scorch the ground and not dealing damage

Confirmed. The area of the W and E do not increase with her dragon form either.
Also, Shyvana is bigger with each rank of her ult. Rank 3 dragon is bigger than ChoGath size. Seriously, it's huge.
These pictures show one ring for the hitbox and a larger one for the AA range
basic shy:

rank 1 dragon:

rank 2 dragon:

rank 3 dragon:
compare to Max Cho:

Shrouded Snake

09-06-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Confirmed. Also, Shyvana is bigger with each rank of her ult. Rank 3 dragon is bigger than ChoGath size. Seriously, it's huge. Will post a pic when I can.

I'll be frank. That's actually rather clever on Riot's part. Sure, we've asked for better attack range in dragonform (which we got) but to actually make Shyv bigger than a fed Cho'Gath... It can see it now.

Battlecast Shyvana and Battlecast Cho'Gath as your frontline. Scary.