Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Proposition] Shyvana Kit Rework.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katrisa

08-29-2013

Stonewall updated his jungler list. I wanted to quote him here as while he's not a Shyvana expert, he has a good wide view of the game. Shyvana in his eyes has reached teir two as a bruiser, which is the only thing she's good at for the team outside of counter jungling. As you can see in his quote he's not to thrilled about her or her recent "buffs".

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/jungle-tier-list/25569-jungle-tier-list-lucian-era

Quote:
Stonewall:

Bruiser Junglers:
Tier 1 - Jarvan, Trundle, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Aatrox, Hecarim, Volibear, Udyr
Tier 2 - Vi, Xin Zhao, Nasus, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Warwick, Skarner

Shyvana was added to the fighters list and raised a bit higher in the bruisers list. Yes the buffs did help her out but not too much. She's still really good at what she does - which is invasion - and weak a lot of things. As a straight out fighter (class cannon) she's pretty terrible as she'll die before she gets anything. As a bruiser, while she lacks utility, she can farm rather well though she'll need to otherwise she'll be useless. Her objective control is stronger, her invasion still consists of melting camps and her damage is high as ever. She still gets kited and cannot be the only tank in your team.

copperpoint

08-29-2013

Sad but true.

Katrisa

08-30-2013

One thought which crossed my mind this morning. Her E flame breath could have scaling HP damage for targets under 30%. I'm surprised none of us thought of this before. It is something included in many champions kits whose kit isn't built with an inherit ability to chase down someone with that last thread of health.

This would make her a higher threat and would add some intelligent play to her kit along with counter play. Knowing that she has that burst as you get lower into a fight heightens her threat, and if you run and you're low you have to dodge that flame breath.

copperpoint

08-30-2013

Interesting idea, especially if that would also work for her "ignite" and fire zones in dragon form.

Never thought about why a champ with no CC or gapcloser doesnt have a finnisher mechanic on his only ranged skill. ^^

Estred Shantile

08-30-2013

Katrisa would that be in addition to the new scaling we have for it based on Shyv's HP? So basically it gets stronger the more HP she has and even stronger if you are under 30% Life? That would make her much stronger at finishing opponents and meaning that engaging her would have to be more calculated.

Katrisa

08-30-2013

I was thinking that it does more damage based on the targets hitpoints. So when your enemy drops beyond 30% it does progressively more damage. Example:

---
ACTIVE: Nidalee's next attack will be enhanced to deal additional physical damage. The bonus damage and the attack's own damage are both increased by 2% for every 1% of the target's missing health.
Takedown scales with ranks in Aspect of the Cougar.
BASE PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 40 / 70 / 100 (+ 100% AD)
MAXIMUM PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 120 / 210 / 300 (+ 300% AD)
---

That is how Nid's scaling attack works. I'm not sure what portions would be kept or left if it worked like this or if its needed.

Honestly I would prefer the Cinders: Shyvana's Attacks Burn 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 percent of targets Maximum HP as Magic Damage.

But it was a thought. I would assume it would be an either or. And I think I prefer the HP burn instead.

With this said... there is entirely too little AD scaling in her kit. She needs more.

IamNotaJoker777

08-30-2013

Shyvana is alright, just want her ult to be immune to displacement cc.

Estred Shantile

08-31-2013

Quote:
IamNotaJoker777:
Shyvana is alright, just want her ult to be immune to displacement cc.

That alone won't really address any of her issues. She is outclassed by almost every bruiser in the game with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are still better at something than she is. It's part of why she is the 22nd most unpopular champion. All those "bottom" champions have something about their kits that makes them much more vulnerable in gameplay or are underpar compared to others.

She can bully Jayce a bit because she can outmaneuver his Gate-Shot. However Jayce can peel way better than she can. He also has a more reliable gap-close. Renekton beats her, period especially at escaping.

Yes, being immune to displacement and probably dealying non-displacement CC will help her. It won't make her a more viable pick and players can still expect scorn for picking her.

tikigodku

08-31-2013

bump

Katrisa

08-31-2013

I'm monitoring a thread right now where an interesting discussion came up:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3812740&page=8

Quote:-------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by CertainlyT
The rules for dash interruption are consistent throughout the game, even if they are a little unclear. Let me explain:
90 Caliber Net's dash/jump (the two are mechanically identical) will not be stopped if you are stunned or rooted mid-flight but will be stopped if you are stunned or rooted during the spell's cast time. This is consistent with at least the vast majority of our non-ultimate dash/jumps with cast times (I suppose there could be an odd exception somewhere, though I can't think of one now).
-------------------------------------------------

I asked some questions about Shyvana's ultimate. Maybe with some luck we might actually get a blue to read the fact that Shyvana is the only person with an ultimate dash who gets cced midflight. Apparently according to the red comment even normal dashes aren't supposed to be stunable midflight!