Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Proposition] Shyvana Kit Rework.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doombotMECHA

09-10-2013

singed. riot does have some plans for garen, shyvana, etc., coem s4, according to the leaked pbe changes

Estred Shantile

09-10-2013

So... got back to PBE and find that they already revered the size change? I was really liking that increased Melee Range

In other notes I am mixing up my build order, I seem to be having more luck by building parts of some items first
- Brutalizer
- Phage
- Vamp Scept

I build all 3 before I go back to finish up Trinity Force. From there I mean if I want Zephyr then Zeke's is out in place for Ravenous. I love that Maw-Mog's combo on her though. So I may lose Zephyr some games in place for Warmog-Maw or even Sunfire-Maw if I need more Armor.

Still really already missing that big-dragon. I got 5 games at that delicious size and I want it back

IonDragonX

09-10-2013

Quote:
Estred Shantile:
So... got back to PBE and find that they already revered the size change? I was really liking that increased Melee Range ...really already missing that big-dragon. I got 5 games at that delicious size and I want it back

Confirmed. She's back to live values right now. At least we got a glimpse of her future.

Season 3 will be remembered as her "long dark night of the soul".

Season 4, she will be the new "CC me or you WILL ALL die" champ.
Quote:
Estred Shantile:
In other notes I am mixing up my build order, I seem to be having more luck by building parts of some items first
- Brutalizer - Phage - Vamp Scept
I build all 3 before I go back to finish up Trinity Force. From there I mean if I want Zephyr then Zeke's is out in place for Ravenous. I love that Maw-Mog's combo on her though. So I may lose Zephyr some games in place for Warmog-Maw or even Sunfire-Maw if I need more Armor.

I agree that building a bunch of tier 2 items does well on Shyvana.
Try Bilgewater + Zeal + Zeal + Kindlegem
or SotEL + Zeal + Zeal

From what I know of season 4, a bootless build may be in order in the future:
- Trinity Force - BoRK - Thornmail - Spirit Visage - Phantom Dancer - SotAG
With 9/0/21 masteries for movespeed+cdr and movespeed quints there is everything Shy needs in this build. She needs the tanky items + tenacity already. As a large target, she can really use the PD and Thornmail for the passives! Being able to walk through creep when super sized is actually pretty frightening to see. Being a huge, obvious target allows Thornmail to do a great job while being cheap at the same time.

Estred Shantile

09-10-2013

I actually have run decent for top/jungle by doing hybrid Pen (4 cooldown, 4 damage, Ability Power/Level and the two 8% Penetration masteries)

From there I actualy go into the Defense Tree and seem to be going alright, I have to test more with more builds to really know what I am getting. Trinity is hella painful on Shyv now adding BoRK may hurt a hella lot. Oh hell Phantom may be a hidden good item for her.

Ignoring collision can really maximize her chasing/escape potential.

IonDragonX

09-11-2013

Quote:
Estred Shantile:
I actually have run decent for top/jungle by doing hybrid Pen (4 cooldown, 4 damage, Ability Power/Level and the two 8% Penetration masteries)

Yeah. 9/0/21 still gets you the 8% armor pen, tho. Thats the one used for BoRK and Trinity Force anyway. I set up this utility Shyvana when I realized that combining it with her burnout and Phage puts her into the movement soft cap without boots. If you don't need boots, you might as well get two zeal items and be good for movespeed.
Also, the utility CDR and XP %s are great on her! What does Shyvana excel at? Running around and farming everything in sight. What kind of benefit is that? She levels up faster! You might as well press your level advantage. As a jungler, I have routinely been the highest level champ at some point during a game.
Quote:
Trinity is hella painful on Shyv now adding BoRK may hurt a hella lot. Oh hell Phantom may be a hidden good item for her. Ignoring collision can really maximize her chasing/escape potential.

Trinity's movespeed and 200% proc is extreme for Shy. I made that item list because there is synergy all over the place with her giant size.

- Trinity Force : discarding the mana, she uses every bit. THE most over-efficient item, imo.
- Blade of the Ruined King : provides the lifesteal to win all sorts of trades. Do you know how much life you get with dragon Q on multiple targets? Lots. Also, the active slow is good and the Q synergy is ludicrous.
- Thornmail : Shy's going to be a bigger target. She's got to stay alive and punish (severely) all those who target her (people forget about what this item does and its cheap)
- Spirit Visage : Soooo much synergy with everything that she does. Turns the 18% lifesteal into 21.6%! (utility tree, see?) Turns 55 health regen per 5 into 67! (Do you like 13 health per sec? I do.) 400 health?! 55 MR?! 20%CDR?! This item is a hidden stat monster by itself.
- Phantom Dancer : Big bodies are vulnerable to being blocked UNLESS you ignore collision. Its funny to just burnout over the tanks and minions to attack the squishies hiding behind them. (they are almost never ready for that) Also, taking 10% crit chance to 40% is HUGE. It won't make burnout more deadly, but it DOES make her AA-Q combo hurt so bad. (which improves the already improved lifesteal... while wearing armor that enemies don't want to attack... so... many... synergies)
- Spirit of the Ancient Golem : This could easily be Zephyr or Statikk Shiv if you don't need to tank. Tenacity is pretty important. 500 health and 10% more cdr is why this item works with this build.

Shrouded Snake

09-11-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
- Trinity Force : discarding the mana, she uses every bit. THE most over-efficient item, imo.
- Blade of the Ruined King : provides the lifesteal to win all sorts of trades. Do you know how much life you get with dragon Q on multiple targets? Lots. Also, the active slow is good and the Q synergy is ludicrous.
- Thornmail : Shy's going to be a bigger target. She's got to stay alive and punish (severely) all those who target her (people forget about what this item does and its cheap)
- Spirit Visage : Soooo much synergy with everything that she does. Turns the 18% lifesteal into 21.6%! (utility tree, see?) Turns 55 health regen per 5 into 67! (Do you like 13 health per sec? I do.) 400 health?! 55 MR?! 20%CDR?! This item is a hidden stat monster by itself.
- Phantom Dancer : Big bodies are vulnerable to being blocked UNLESS you ignore collision. Its funny to just burnout over the tanks and minions to attack the squishies hiding behind them. (they are almost never ready for that) Also, taking 10% crit chance to 40% is HUGE. It won't make burnout more deadly, but it DOES make her AA-Q combo hurt so bad. (which improves the already improved lifesteal... while wearing armor that enemies don't want to attack... so... many... synergies)
- Spirit of the Ancient Golem : This could easily be Zephyr or Statikk Shiv if you don't need to tank. Tenacity is pretty important. 500 health and 10% more cdr is why this item works with this build.

Sounds powerful but we're looking at a 13778 gold bill. On the subject, what do you start with? Sword and 2 pots or maybe something else?

copperpoint

09-11-2013

Hey guys, was watching some gold and diamaond games with shyvana.

1) Nobody used machete in the jungle.
One started with longsword/2 into cutless, the other went for a more AD heavy base build and picked a dorans shield as 1st item. He didnt go for Botrk either but went for Hydra and sunfire.

The 2nd one had AD marks, ATS (yellow) 1AD Quints, 2 Armor Quints and MR/LV blues.
Leveling her Q up first for the AD burst.
I thought it was an interesting idea as well and wanted to share it with you. Surprisingly he did pretty well, even without extra MS and a Lv1 W for most of the time.

For top lane I prefer: 9/21/0
you can pick the HP regen there if you like.
Runes: AD, armor, the MR isnt necessary but nice.
Quints: 2 AD + 1 Life steal
Start items: In general 2 Health regen items/ward/pots is good.

Will play her more again.

IonDragonX

09-11-2013

Quote:
Shrouded Snake:
Sounds powerful but we're looking at a 13778 gold bill. On the subject, what do you start with? Sword and 2 pots or maybe something else?

When you total any end game build, you get at least 14K. This build is quite cheap because of the Thornmail and Ancient Golem. There are only two big tickets, the Trinity Force and the BoRK.

Long Sword works fine for Shyvana as a first item. Cloth Armor is also an option. If you are a bit more daring, Red Elixir + a strong leash on Red Buff can be surprisingly effective for a level 2 gank.

The Phage+zeal+zeal+kindlegem is usually my early game. Then build Cutlass for the active and lifesteal before finishing the Trinity.

Katrisa

09-11-2013

Quote:
Shrouded Snake:

Side note this should be reasonable season 4 as junglers are going to get more gold.

---

I've also tried some alternative starts. Two of which are to pickup two regen items and take an early first back and build a tiamat stupid fast. With this said I think going longsword + two pots would be smarter. With this said I'm still not convinced Tiamat is an item that I like on her.

I also have tried doran's sword start and this is extremely powerful IF your team can give you a hard leash for red (and then you rush your enemies red with a doran's).

With the new trinity I have been moving away from a utility build and running full offensive masteries with half the tanking masteries. I pickup both physical and magic penetration, the extra ad, 2% overall damage, 1 more point of physical and the 5% damage boost on lower health targets. I use runspeed quints, with AD marks, armor seals, and 8% static cooldown glyphs (7.5%) + 3% from offensive gives me a starting 10 % cooldown.

I've found pairing this rune setup and mastery setup gives me the highest starting aggression especially if I start of with a longsword. Assuming my team isn't horrible I usually end up with a rather fat start. I do miss the small lifesteal and crazy movementspeed of the utility tree though.

One other thing which has become absolutely key to my play now is running Summoners wrath with exhaust. Shyvana gets so much out of a well placed exhaust which has an additional 10% armor and magic penetration.

copperpoint

09-11-2013

After the replays I watched Ive been doing some rune crafting to see how I can get the highest amount of every important stat on LV1.

So far:

Marks: 3xAD/ 6ATS
Seal: Armor
Glyph: 6 flat CDR/ 3 MR per Lv
Quints: AD

Result: 10%ATS, 9,6 AD, 5% CDR Lv1, 13 ARmor, +8MR Lv18

I test this on a more agressive playstile then usual and add the offensive tree:
+4%CDR, both % penetration, extra AD and 5 armor pen
If you now Level your Q first after 1 point in W you hit REALLY hard and rather fast.

Thought about butcher or fury too, but didnt have enough points for that.

In the tank tree: HP, 1 in tough skin, 3 armor and the +30 HP.

NOTE: Havoc is a bad skill. 3 points for only 2% more dmg is rather bad. Id prefer one of the other skills.

Alternatively the mentioned build 16/14/0 or something alike. For both % stats extra AD and the rest for the tank tree. Both work.