HUUUUUUUNGRRRRRRRYYYYY 5 29.41%
More! So empty! T_T 8 47.06%
Terror coming ... Daddy coming! 4 23.53%
That is not dead which can eternal lie 5 29.41%
with strange aeons, even Death may die. 5 29.41%
POWER OVERWHELMING 7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

(FACTIONS) Strategy Thread Discord

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2013

I just realized that Discord lacked a proper strategy thread.

Site: www.leaguefactions.net
Sign-up thread: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3248130
Scoreboard: Factions Standings Discord Arc

tl;dr on Factions: Factions is a community-powered game mode in which Summoners declare for a faction (such as Noxus) and then fight matches against other factions using faction-specific champion rosters. These limited rosters give each faction distinct strengths and weaknesses, and a big part of the fun is Summoners working together to come up with winning strategies for their factions. Summoners submit screenshots of the end-game lobbies for scoring (see above), and the outcomes of these matches determines the course of the story arc. As of August 2013, about 1000 matches total have been played over the course of 3 arcs. Anyone can start a match anytime.

Discord is essentially the Void, plus a few more champs (to make the roster playable).

So here's a place for you to talk strategy with each other, form teams, make friends, and plot the destruction of Runeterra.

Other factions' strategy threads:
Strategy Threads and Chat Rooms
Each faction has a strategy thread. Use them to talk about teamcomps, gameplay strategies, or schedule practice games. Likewise for the in-client chat rooms.

Demacia Strategy Thread (Chat: "Demacia")
Freljord Strategy Thread (Chat: "Freljord")
Ionia Strategy Thread (Chat: "Ionia")
Noxus Strategy Thread (Chat: "Noxus")
Piltover Strategy Thread (Chat: "Piltover")
Shadow Isles Strategy Thread (Chat: "Shadow Isles")
My observation about Discord's roster: they seem very good at early-game "assassination" and ganking. They have a weaker teamfight than many factions, generally speaking, but often they're so far ahead from early game domination that they can steamroll through anyway. Even if they can't win a 5v5, they can split-push very nicely.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2013

New Champion

Discord won that tourney this past weekend, and will pick up a new Champion as a result.

I'd like to poll the members of the tourney teams and see who they want. I've spoken with Shadowsocks, Captain Just, and SpartanA399. Still need to hear from Arlunn and others. (I can't remember off-hand.)

So if you were in the August 1011 tourney and fought for Discord, let me know who you'd like to see join the Discord roster.

Of course, all Discordian Summoners are encouraged to pitch in their opinions as well.

Savage Winter

08-14-2013

I dont get it. Is this something you just made up for fun?

Noctis Lunaris

08-14-2013

<-------

I'd love to see Veigar join Discord.

CupcakeTrap

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Winter View Post
I dont get it. Is this something you just made up for fun?
Essentially, yes. We'd like to see Riot implement this as a client-supported game mode, but right now, it's like ARAMs used to be purely community-run via custom games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lunaris View Post
<-------

I'd love to see Veigar join Discord.
Noted! Nice work in the tourney.

Akatsu

08-14-2013

I'm kind of confused...you have more options than the sign up thread does...and the sign up form only allows you to choose from the same ones as the thread...so like...how would one be a part of these other ones then?

CupcakeTrap

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenShogun View Post
I'm kind of confused...you have more options than the sign up thread does...and the sign up form only allows you to choose from the same ones as the thread...so like...how would one be a part of these other ones then?
Which factions are playable varies from arc to arc. We limit it to 4 per arc to avoid spreading players too thinly to get a match going. Arcs last a couple months on average, and before each one I set up a poll and let the community select which factions will be available for the upcoming arc. (Traditionally, I decide 3 by general vote, then give Summoners from the victorious faction a private vote to select the 4th.)

I listed a bunch of strategy threads above; some of those are from past arcs. Not all of them are playable this arc.

The Sign-Up Thread is the correct place to look if you want to sign up. That thread, and LeagueFactions.net, list the four factions for the current arc: Bandle City, Demacia, Discord, and Piltover.

(That said, I do have a plan for a mini-arc based on the tournament outcome ... more on that soon.)

Akatsu

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
Which factions are playable varies from arc to arc. We limit it to 4 per arc to avoid spreading players too thinly to get a match going. Arcs last a couple months on average, and before each one I set up a poll and let the community select which factions will be available for the upcoming arc. (Traditionally, I decide 3 by general vote, then give Summoners from the victorious faction a private vote to select the 4th.)

I listed a bunch of strategy threads above; some of those are from past arcs. Not all of them are playable this arc.

The Sign-Up Thread is the correct place to look if you want to sign up. That thread, and LeagueFactions.net, list the four factions for the current arc: Bandle City, Demacia, Discord, and Piltover.

(That said, I do have a plan for a mini-arc based on the tournament outcome ... more on that soon.)
ah ok thanks for explaining ^^

Arlunn

08-14-2013

To be honest I dont have a particular champion in mind... I'm fine with Shaco(because shadowsocks devestates people with him), Veigar(small,evil, and a midlaner), or even Syndra (whynot), heck I dont even mind if we get Kassawin my midlane rival. So.. Im really not sure who to vote for, I'll just leave this choice to my fellow choosers(?) choicer(?)

CupcakeTrap

08-14-2013

I still need to type up the story update. I was lazy tonight. (Actually I got distracted by a Charlie Sheen video and the "ALIENS!" episode of that History Channel show, which was hilarious.)

I will try to post the update tomorrow. But consider this official notice that the new Discord Champion who has joined the Void after their victory in the tournament is Shaco.