#FreeTheMinions

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mageinta Warrior

08-13-2013

UPVOTING WITHOUT BUMPING DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CAUSE.

Someone recently asked "What is a minion?" I gave them the answer, but it dawned upon me that this is a serious issue. Here is my answer:

Let's look at the facts.

1. Minions are controlled by novice summoners
2. Minions give gold upon death
3. Minions charge towards the enemy base relentlessly

What can we infer?

Looking at fact 2. We see that minions are paid, and the gold "earned" upon death, is, in fact, coming from their wallet. Because the melee minions give more gold than the caster minions, we can infer that some minions receive more pay due to "hazard pay". The siege minions stake their cars, so they are offered even more pay. Which means, they're sentient beings. These creatures are incredibly weak willed though, as even novice summoners can control them. The fact that they charge relentlessly towards the enemy base is probably related to the novice summoner controlling it. It seems novice summoners can only issue a few commands, and the one that is easiest is probably "charge the enemy nexus, kill anything in your way". If anything, this suggests poor training on the Institute's part, as their training is haphazard, and full of holes, as these "novice summoners" have no intent to keep the minions alive, unlike the real summoners that fight to keep their champions alive.

What do we end up with? Novice summoners have no respect for life, as they control the minions like pawns and march them to their death, with no intent to bring them back alive. The Institute probably pays the minions (thus, the hazard pay), knowing that this'll happen, so they too are at fault. Not to mention that the Institute has a history of racist violence, (Megling genocide, never forget). Minions are poor souls, and their only crime is being too weak to resist summoners. Anyone that supports Riot, The Institute, and their "League of Legends" is perpetuating minion genocide, and should be ashamed of themselves.

Then I remembered something. Riot isn't even being sly about this genocide. Hell, they're advertising it! Remember that chart in S2? "Gold earned/minions slain" was listed on the chart! The League of Legends is used to end conflicts (supposedly), but that's just a cover. The real reason that the League of Legends was created, was to kill off: Every. Last. Minion. I'm not even kidding. The minions don't even know it's happening. They just go onto the battlefield like brainwashed puppies, and if they come back, they come back thinking that they just had another day of work. Communism isn't even close to as bad as this.

Please, stop the racism, stop the killing, stop the dead body pocket-picking, stop the genocide. Be an upstanding summoner, and stop supporting the League of Legends. Your services can be used for better purposes.

EDIT1: MORE EVIDENCE THAT MINIONS ARE ALIVE. Would you agree that in order to have a soul, one must be sentient? It is a well-known fact that champions drop souls upon death. Allow me to remind you that minions *also* drop souls upon death. Therefore, minions must have souls, and must also be alive and sentient. Counterpoint: Not all minions drop souls. Sadly, the summoning technique used by the novice summoners sometimes fails. The body is transported but the soul is destroyed, creating true mindless drones. This wouldn't even happen if the Institute taught their summoners properly.

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Exekias View Post
Oh god that video. I remember the first time I saw it. It convinced me that I needed to embark on a magnificent crusade to save our minions! After years of hard work and countless attempts, I’ve finally managed to successfully infiltrat Riot…and it’s worse than I feared. Minions aren’t just used as fodder, they’re also used as servants. Whenever a Rioter thirsts or hungers, a minion is quickly summoned to fetch them the necessary nourishment. They’re never given breaks and must work tirelessly before being sent to the Rift. Truly tragic. Fortunately, I’ve learned of a master control that can free all the minions….

#FreeTheMinions!
Riot not only murders minions as part of a plan to eliminate their species, which is bad enough on its own. It turns out that they make them suffer beforehand! Think about it. Which is worse. To go to battle as a mindless drone, just thinking it's another day of work and death is just part of the job, or being humiliated day after day, to be sent to the rift when Riot tires of your services?

EDIT3: Someone tried to defend the League
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC Tactix View Post
I have seen Riot, and all these people speak nothing but LIES! The minions are not all one, they are divided amongst blue and purple and carry deep hatred for one another. The League wasn't made to slaughter them, it was made to CONTAIN THEIR CONFLICT! Their war was so huge that it threatened to destroy all, and then the champions were hired to fight for minions in the war! THAT'S WHY YOU GET GOLD FOR SLAYING MINIONS!
#ContainTheConflict
Now the Institute is getting clever with their excuses, huh? If this were true, why are the minions controlled by novice summoners to fight their own war? Why does Riot claim they're mindless, soul-less constructs? Why do minions not fight more cleverly over time? Why don't minions go after champions (the clearly larger threat) first? There are too many problems with this explanation. How did the minion numbers total up equally? Why do minions not strategize the arrival of the siege minion for tactical advantages? Everything is too organized and even to suggest a war where both sides are trying to win. This combat style suggests the desire for a stalemate, which would only be beneficial if you were trying to kill off the most minions possible. See the Syndra video? The minion that survived it all? That's the strongest evidence against your case right there. Several minions passed a lone minion attacking a building of high importance, yet none attacked it? You're telling me that they all simply did not see the "enemy minion"? Bologna.

Notable Examples:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoulPunisher View Post

EDIT: 100 Upvotes? 3 Red posts between 2 Reds? Awesome.

#FreeTheMinions

Ralise

08-13-2013

I would think that minions are robots, mere constructs. c:

They're probably not sentient, and are controlled by novice summoners the way we control champions.

EDIT:
"Minions are constructs of the League, used specifically for battle arenas. They aren't sentient. In the earliest days of the League – during their extensive testing phase – there was a rumor that they were using sentient beings as minions. They even supposedly used necromancy to summon skeletal minions to fight as the minions of today do. Such rumors are generally thought to be unsubstantiated."

ikkiMinami00

08-13-2013

There needs to be a minon champ.The rage of all the minions forced to die for mere sport!

Mageinta Warrior

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralise View Post
I would think that minions are robots, mere constructs. c:

They're probably not sentient, and are controlled by novice summoners the way we control champions.

EDIT:
"Minions are constructs of the League, used specifically for battle arenas. They aren't sentient. In the earliest days of the League – during their extensive testing phase – there was a rumor that they were using sentient beings as minions. They even supposedly used necromancy to summon skeletal minions to fight as the minions of today do. Such rumors are generally thought to be unsubstantiated."
Just like "Meglings" are just a battle unit in the yordle army, right? Those are just the lies the Institute puts out to shield the masses. It doesn't even make sense.

Examination: Minions aren't sentient, they're "constructs".

If they were mere constructs, why would the Institute put gold inside each one? To reward summoners for slaying them? Maybe. But that doesn't explain why the minions are sent to opposing sides. If their purpose is solely revenue, why are you unable to kill allied minions for bonus gold in a pinch? Caster minions clearly use magic, yet magic requires energy of life. If the caster minions use magic, they must be alive. If the caster minions are alive, it's only natural to believe that the others are as well. Then, let us remember, that these minions recognize allies vs. enemies. If they recognize allies and enemies, then they must have some cognitive faculties. If they have cognitive faculties, they must be alive and capable of sentience.

Sir, I must ask that you open your eyes. The Institute has brainwashed you. Wake up and smell the shrooms. The League of Legends is wrong. Why does the League not investigate diplomacy and speech over violence? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PERPETUATE THE MINION GENOCIDE.

#FreeTheMinions

Mageinta Warrior

08-13-2013

Bump for awareness. GD is cluttered with trash that filters out the important issues, such as RAMPANT MINION GENOCIDE.

#FreeTheMinions

TheSoulPunisher

08-13-2013

Minions have feelings too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3mZVLqcIYE

Shatterlight

08-13-2013

Save our adorable friends! Rush Banner of Command, push the Nexus down at 15 minutes. Minimize the bloodshed! #FreeTheMinions

Mageinta Warrior

08-13-2013

Page 6 already? GD must be full of heartless summoners, or blind summoners. I will have to find photographic evidence soon.

#FreeTheMinions

Ebonmaw Dragon

08-13-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJUJUNohuA

True History, Report Syndra

Aran888888

08-13-2013

Please realize that caster minions do not use magic to fuel their attacks, they use attack damage.

1234511 ... 27