No More PHAGE ... WTF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

I'm confused. Is this really happening? Phage doesn't slow anymore, so it's not really phage. Change item name and picture if you are really doing this. Taking away the slow and HP and still calling it PHAGE is like calling the Avarice Blade a Heart of Gold.

And really?

WTF. This hurts champs that are already hurting. And doesn't really affect the already strong champs. Shyv just keeps getting item nerfed. She will never be strong. First SOTEL. Now no more PHAGE. And RIOT wonders why she is not more popular or strong. Every item that makes her or champs similar to her good, gets nerfed. Or better yet, just nerf the champ also, aka Garen.

This move hurts run fast, low CC champs: AKA Garen, Shyv, Udyr ..... list goes on
These champs are already in a bad place, why make em worse. In a game dominated by gap closers and CC champs, phage is one item that actually made some of the older champs still viable.

This move helps burst champs, kite champs, ADCs and assassins: AKA all strong champs.
Phage is a counter to them. They don't need more help. These champs already own the game. And we DONT want all our champs to be BURST/ASSASSIN. Please stop this BS.

On top of this, TRIFORCE just became useless. Before Triforce was expensive but at least worthwhile on a few champs. Now it is too expensive AND useless. Good move riot.

BRING BACK PHAGE. AND WHILE YOUR AT IT RIOT, BRING BACK HOG. AVARICE BLADE IS SUCH A USELESS GP ITEM.

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

Soooooo..............ummmm............. What is a Melee champ supposed to do now when against someone like a Kayle in top lane?

With no PHAGE, I guess only option is .......

STEP 1: BEND OVER
STEP 2: GRAB ANKELS
STEP 3: GET WRECKED

I guess the silver lining is this:
All melees can now just pretend they are ASHE from AsheGetsGanked.wmv cause thats how its gonna feel.
If ya watch the video atleast ya can have a laugh about how its gonna feel for all melees now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU7C4pC6oTM

GIico

08-13-2013

TT and DOM only

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

Also no Phage means teemo and singed just got more toxic, if that was even possible.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIico View Post
TT and DOM only
^******

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

BUMP

Looks like thread will be very relevant over the next few days. Just read riot post saying they are still trying to go thru with removing slow from PHAGE. Not looking good.

Someone better get one of those huge threads started bout the PHAGE. RIOTs got some splainin to do.

I mean the concerns in OP are very valid. I'd like to see Riot's response to this. NTM a speed boost on "new item"(shouldnt be called phage anymore with such drastic changes) wont really help as most of the champs that NEED phage already have a speed boost, they are lacking CC, and phage provides it for them.

If they take phage, seems like a few champs would need a rework. AKA, time to rework and add some CC and gap close to any melee champ who doesn't have it already.

And why make this new spd boost item. We already have a multitude of spd boost options. They come in permanent flat and percent boost form or on hit form with boot enchants. Why do we need more spd boosts, we got enough options already.

What was wrong with phage in the first place. I have never really seen any horrible abuse cases with phage. Weather that is at my scrub elo or pro lcs games, phage has never seemed OP or too much of a problem, it's a healthy part of the game, has counterplay, and offers counterplay to many nearly uncounterable things such as League of escapes/flashs, and league of kite/poke, and league of assassins/burst. Phage helps against all of this. And where is the problem with it? Not a problem on low elo or pro elo. Phage is fine. Leaveit be.

Voidgolem

08-13-2013

I'm fine with the change. More affordable and gives me a cheap armor/ad item for junglemen. Dudes after a slow proc can gun for mallet instead.

Now, if ranged guys ALSO get the rage passive I'll be upset - they really, really don't need extra kiting tools.

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

NTM everyone knows Melee is already in a weak state right now.

This will only make it worse, as phage is mainly a melee/bruiser item, and removing it will hurt them the most.

Why hurt Melees, the class that everyone can agree is nearly useless right now, and make it worse than it already is?

Sisuwolf

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I'm fine with the change. More affordable and gives me a cheap armor/ad item for junglemen. Dudes after a slow proc can gun for mallet instead.

Now, if ranged guys ALSO get the rage passive I'll be upset - they really, really don't need extra kiting tools.

What about the case I pointed out with champs like Kayle top as your enemy? With no phage this almost means melees can no longer go top. Where are melees supposed to go now. Anyone with range already destroys top melees, with no phage, melees really will have no where to go. All lanes will be dominated by ranged or burst. And with no phage the only counter will be playing range/burst, effectively killing off the brusier/melee role.

Oldyoung

08-13-2013

phage passive was probably removed for the same reason dodge runes were removed it's a random factor in lane phase but also it was overpriced for what it was due to it's passive.

now if we examine the difference it's actually adding more counterplay while still being snowbally for laners;
if slow proced then that stops them from escaping laner so easily but it also makes ganks harder to escape from but with a movement increase instead of a slow it makes the laner stickier without adding additional jungler snowball .

plus the lower price just makes it a better item for lane.

though i would question the armor stat over health and how it works on ranged characters adc's dont need more power!