Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] The Ultimate Gragas Tank Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravesurf

12-04-2010

Rule of thumb: Be wary of guides released the same week as that champion is free.

Kvoth3

12-04-2010

Quote:
Bravesurf:
Rule of thumb: Be wary of guides released the same week as that champion is free.

When I saw he was free this week I made sure to put in some extra hours and get it out ASAP. This way people can actually test it out without the risk of wasting IP on a champ they really don't like.

@ Maxim, those are some good points about flash. I still think it's less valuable for Gragas than for other champs, but it is still a great all-around spell. One train of thought says to spread out your skills to cover more bases, while another says to specialize and be a pro at only a few things. Flash + body slam would fall into the second category, and being a pro chaser or escape artist isn't a bad thing at all.

I agree that Heal isn't the best and most-used spell out there, but by following my core build that 500HP at level 18 is equvalent to about 1785 damage. Add that to the 10k+ they have to get through anyways, and the HP you get from your passive in the middle of the fight, and you just soak up the damage. Also, by the time you heal the enemy has likely used up many of their damaging spells and abilities, making those last thousand hit points even tougher to get through.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-10-2010

Needs to have the passive info updated, his ult is recopied as his passive skill.

Kvoth3

12-16-2010

Updated for errors, Gragas patch, and no more locket.

Now that the locket discussion is gone, any thoughts on my guide here? It's a solid tank build with an emphasis on early-game power.

xl Jon Snow lx

01-23-2011

I like it

Kamaro

01-23-2011

1. HoG/Spirit Visage
2. Spirit Visage (if you didn't get it at 1)
3. Mercury's/Ionian (Ionian if enemy team is low on CC) (you can fit boots +1 in somewhere between 1 and 3)
4. If you didn't get HoG at 1, get Warden Mail now
5. Soul Shroud (Mana regen, CDR, lots of health and utility - what's not to like? Great substitute for Locket)
6. Turn your HoG/Warden mail into a Randuins
7. Situational (if you don't need more defensive stats, either get Atma's Impaler if your team is caster heavy or Rabadons/Hourglass/Abyssal if your team is physical dps heavy, they both work for Gragas )

Ghost/Smite jungle Gragas.
1/21/8

ArP reds, Flat armor yellows, Flat MR blues, Movespeed Quints

edit: you get lots of mitigation, CDR, mana regen and enough health, plus some team utiltiy (even more if you fit Aegis o/t Legion somewhere in between).

Kvoth3

01-23-2014

Updated for new stuff. It's been a long time coming. I plan on adding some maths to his tankiness at some point for fun.

The body slam changes made this guy viable again as a tank/AD bruiser. So stoked to play him again in the way he was meant to be played.