Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philosoraptor

01-01-2010

Quote:
Ben0it:
I'm going to the theater this afternoon to watch Avatar 3D, I heard good review so far.

Loved it so much, thought it was a little corny though

Krald

01-02-2010

Quote:
Morbis:
the movie is pretty much a 2 1/2 long tech demo. sure its beautiful, but the plot is bad. its boring as hell for 2 hours. its predictable at every turn. worst part was the terrible main character. he was basically a giant tool, stupid and easily controlled. the best part was making fun of the giant *****/braid things coming out of the back of the blue people's heads

theres also a lot of just stupid little details in the movie that add up to major annoyances.

• everything on the planet lights up when you touch it. absolutely every plant has some form of bio-luminescence. this is stupid, as it serves no purpose and evolution doesnt work that way.
  • when going to war, they choose to ride the horse things instead of the giant hammerhead rhino things.
  • the helicopters and robots didn't have bullet proof glass.
  • missiles explode without being armed
  • the blue people have the strength of giant robots, but prefer to fight with bows and arrows
  • the extent of the navis strategy is a full head on charge against a better armed enemy
  • the magic tree only decides to help after everyone is pretty much dead
  • one of the "good" humans steals a helicopter, and proceeds to paint it so that all of the "evil" humans can recognize it as an enemy.

So, about your little list.

1-The light up things looked really sweet, why the hell do you think that was a problem? And what does it have to do with evolution? They are on another planet, and its a ficticious universe...
2-They didn't control the rhino things, they were wild animals.
3-So?
4-You are just being stupid at this point
5-They fought with knives also, and they are very concerned about being all natural and such, whats the problem with them simply using primitive weaponry? Samurai/the majority of Indians were similar with their choice of weapons.
6-Obviously its a tension builder, and it was made pretty clear that she only 'protects the balance of life', if some had to die before that occurred, that was her idea of balance.
7-Well, it was her ship. And it was symbolic war paint, and considering the only time she makes herself known is by pepper spraying the top of the colonel's ship, it wouldn't make a **** bit of difference if she painted her ship or not.

Krald

01-02-2010

Quote:
EncasedShadow:
The best movie I've seen in theaters in the past few months was Zombieland. Humorous zombie movies have been done before, that one was pretty original though.

I was in Zombieland

raiserstyle

01-02-2010

I saw the movie Avatar and it was ok. The movie had amazing visual effects and it was arguable to say it was near life-like but the plot and the acting seemed loose. The movie doesn't capture the viewer right away like for example AMERICAN GANGSTER; which was by far an amazing movie, and you'll become somewhat bored in the middle of the movie because of it's slow pace. This is all just my opinion but overall I didn't really enjoy the movie.

Ad Victoriam

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Jesse Perring enjoyed it.

/thread

Kadzin

01-14-2010

everything on the planet lights up when you touch it. absolutely every plant has some form of bio-luminescence. this is stupid, as it serves no purpose and evolution doesnt work that way. (I take it you have a PHD in Alien world evolution to say that)

when going to war, they choose to ride the horse things instead of the giant hammerhead rhino things. (Hammer head rhinoes were not tamed duh!)

the helicopters and robots didn't have bullet proof glass. (Cuz the Natives did not have bullets another duh!)

missiles explode without being armed (Futuretech stop trying to rationalise a Sci Fi movie)

the blue people have the strength of giant robots, but prefer to fight with bows and arrows (Ranged combat > melee combat)

the extent of the navis strategy is a full head on charge against a better armed enemy (Considering the fact that humans had life detection tech that was probably the only option)

the magic tree only decides to help after everyone is pretty much dead (It was her first time, she felt awkward and she felt weird at first, but then she relaxed and got a bit of a taste for it, she became more precise and enjoyed it till the very end... what were we talking about?)

one of the "good" humans steals a helicopter, and proceeds to paint it so that all of the "evil" humans can recognize it as an enemy. (Because obviously the rest of the good guys could tell her apart from the main fleet if she didn't)

All your statements have a counterstatement.
Every movie has some kind of a plot hole and some got multiple ones (Transformers lawl)
But the movie like Avatar makes you overlook the goofs and look
at all the amazing work that was done in it.
If you can't enjoy a movie this good then you better just buy dvd and watch them alone
cuz noone would want to watch movies with a downer like you.

tedcat

01-14-2010

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago, and I've only just skimmed through the thread.

I do agree with people who has previously mentioned that the plot (as well as the script) is weak and highly predictable pretty much throughout the movie. However, I wouldn't expect a movie like this to have decent any of those things. It doesn't have to, since a large portion of the audience will only care for one thing - the visuals.
A lot of small things bugged me. But I won't really go into it.

It's obviously an extremely well made films as far as the visuals are concerned with a really intriguing atmosphere. Arguably the best visuals I have seen so far, I wasn't bothered with it being computer graphics. Which I am 9/10 times.

What strikes me as odd is that even though I didn't read very carefully throughout the thread is that I am yet to see anybody comment on the soundtracks. Not the Leona Lewis song, but the rest of the music.
The music was what struck me as being particularly excellent, I must admit I was highly impressed with the soundtracks made for the movie. More so than the visuals.

As mentioned, pretty weak story and badly written script, but excellent visuals and music. I still think I got my money's worth.

GrrrImADinosaur

10-05-2014