Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Art Design: Pretty please stop giving skins to champions that don't need them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeDemon

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
I made a ****ty skin for Viktor. We got him through modeling and texture and we realize, ugh, this looks terrible. We decided to reconcept with a stronger theme.

There, you can personally blame me for a Viktor skin delay. That cutting through the BS for you?

Take your time and be as awesome as always, Parrot Master !! Especially since Viktor needs it so bad !!

GLORIOUS EVOLUTION !!!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-12-2013

Quote:
Zyra Top GG:
So vi who's been out for 6 months is getting a skin before Zyra who's been out for longer than a year now? Darius who's only a month and a half older than Zyra already has 2 skins?

.......................................................................................

Zyra currently has a couple nearly complete models in the backlog. (This does NOT mean they have had animation or VFX support.) However, recently we felt she would slot into an upcoming event quite well. We decided to concept that and move forward on that skin. Zyra is massively intensive. You've just compared her to two melee fighters. Some of the "easiest" champions to produce due to limited VFX needs.

SlumlordThanatos

08-12-2013

Quote:
Malah:
For the complaints about animation and particle work, pumping out glitzed-up skins for older champions doesn't seem to be slowing down in the least.

Either that's excessively poor resource allocation or making excuses which aren't getting by anyone's BS radar. Viktor is the worst offender there.

They've addressed this several times.

Some champions are easier to make skins for than others. Why do you think Teemo has such a ridiculous collection of skins?

On top of that, some champions are harder to concept for than others.

Viktor falls on the hard part of the spectrum, and it doesn't help that Viktor isn't a particularly popular champion.

Knight Auditor

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
I made a ****ty skin for Viktor. We got him through modeling and texture and we realize, ugh, this looks terrible. We decided to reconcept with a stronger theme.

There, you can personally blame me for a Viktor skin delay. That cutting through the BS for you?

Since you're here, and she was mentioned way back, Evelynn? I want to just say I don't have any demands here because Evelynn has been a troublesome champion for Riot in general and I can understand why there'd be more of an impetus to wash your hands of her for a while. That being said, if you could do one concept with her, what would you guys be inclined to? I always thought she looked too 'curvaceous' and not athletic/intimidating enough.

Hey? Hey?

*pokes* Hey?

Hallows Evelynn

08-12-2013

Quote:
Flandag:
You guys do fantastic work, and it gets better and better as each and every day passes it seems. But, I got a few names for you. I think just the name alone brings me point home - and yes I know many of these are "new" but so what?

Rumble (The King of the Unloved on this list) - [seriously this guy needs another skin]

Urgot

Zed

Zyra

Thresh

Nami

Skarner

Kha'Zix

Rengar

Syndra

Viktor

Vi

Okay, can we at least agree on 1) Rumble and 2) They need to spread them out just a bit more? Janna is getting ANOTHER skin, this time a fancy one.

eve is not on that list. since she is a champ released back in 2010, she is the most deserving of all, especially more so than rumble.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-12-2013

Quote:
QueeQuee:
When are we getting the new Diana skin? Y'all hinted a skin for her that "skirted around the border of classy and sexy" a while back.

Did a concept, completed it, scrapped it due to an event that could use a Diana skin. I'm currently reconcepting it as I type this.

SlumlordThanatos

08-12-2013

Quote:
QueeQuee:
When are we getting the new Diana skin? Y'all hinted a skin for her that "skirted around the border of classy and sexy" a while back.

He has said several times that one is in the works. I'm sure we'll have it before the year is out.

EDIT: Shen'd by the parrot himself. I stand corrected.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-12-2013

Quote:
Ballistixz:
eve is not on that list. since she is a champ released back in 2010, she is the most deserving of all, especially more so than rumble.

Eve will get a relaunch before any more skins most likely. She's in shambles.

5murf337

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:

This parrot is my favourite parrot. Even better that the Macaw.

Catonmars

08-12-2013

@Ironstylus

Hey loved the Sejuani skin recently, having a lot of fun with it. Do you have any status update on Elise? I would love a new skin for the glorious spider queen. Keep up the good work.