Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Art Design: Pretty please stop giving skins to champions that don't need them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SiЯ Safir

08-12-2013

How about eve?

MobiIe Ward

08-12-2013

I think Urgot would be a way more popular champion if he wasnt so disguting. I think he needs a Visual Update.

drakon136

08-12-2013

Let me rephrase my previous post.

Legendary Sion skin or feed.

Shattered Clock

08-12-2013

Quote:
Kryshim:
if you paid attention, the parrot said that sometimes skins are opportunistic. In this case, maybe they felt that Sejuani was the perfect fit for a Russian themed skin to celebrate the opening of the Russian servers. So let me pose this question to you: what champ and what skin theme would you go for to celebrate the Russian servers?

Glorious Leader Viktor. He even has the accent.

Fish Fillet

08-12-2013

Can we have a skin that gives Thresh 2 Chainz?

bussta boy

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Every champion listed above currently has a skin in development, somewhere along the pipeline. Delays and time between skins hinge on a number of factors, I'll list some particular to this list:

Urgot - Something under development, however he's shambly and we need to screw with the rig a lot.

Zed - Fairly straight forward aside from that his shadows might be something else entirely in any given skin, mandating possibly another model and particle work for that model.

Zyra - Tons of models which require animation if they're anything different than the plant rigs, lots of particle work.

Thresh - Chains.

Nami - If we change the model into a different type of fish/sea creature, that will requite custom rigging for whatever additions we make. Example, new fins/membranes need a lot of animation support. She's also very particle heavy.

Skarner - Soon(tm)

Kha'Zix - Extremely VFX heavy, evolving model, etc.

Rengar - Not sure where he's at. He's straight forward, but not terribly old.

Syndra - Heavy particle work, possibly fabric animation support depending on the theme. Doing something cosmic would most likely require model translucency and/or scrolling textures which are just now being used on some newer skins.

Viktor - Tons of particle work and a couple of models for his traps.

Vi - Fairly recent release, should be something along relatively Soon(tm)

Aside from those specifics, certain things can constrain production, mainly VFX and animation. Both of which are heavily valued when it comes what players enjoy about new skins. Both tend to be the most pinched of resources internally. Additionally, a skin for any given champion might be in production, but then an event (Lunar Revel, Harrowing, etc) might pop up on our radar and we may realize a champion would better fit there. We might put the in-progress skin on hold while we make something appropriate for an upcoming event. Happened to a concept of mine recently.

As for Rumble, which people keep bringing up, I’ll restate: He’s the equivalent to the work of a new champion. He requires a completely new rig and animation sets if he’s to be anything different than the rickety mech he’s in now. That rig doesn’t support anything to the magnitude of fan-requested ideas, or concepts players have submitted. We’re going to change his rig for his upcoming skins. One of which is currently in production, but as I said, needs heavy animation support.

Hope that helps clarify!

What about a Legendary Lee skin? I know right now all his skins are popular, everybody loves his voice, his gameplay, pretty much everything about him. How hard is it to make a legendary for a champ like him.

Malah

08-12-2013

For the complaints about animation and particle work, pumping out glitzed-up skins for older champions doesn't seem to be slowing down in the least.

Either that's excessively poor resource allocation or making excuses which aren't getting by anyone's BS radar. Viktor is the worst offender there.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-12-2013

Quote:
Malah:
For the complaints about animation and particle work, pumping out glitzed-up skins for older champions doesn't seem to be slowing down in the least.

Either that's excessively poor resource allocation or making excuses which aren't getting by anyone's BS radar. Viktor is the worst offender there.

I made a ****ty skin for Viktor. We got him through modeling and texture and we realize, ugh, this looks terrible. We decided to reconcept with a stronger theme.

There, you can personally blame me for a Viktor skin delay. That cutting through the BS for you?

Careful Ima Trap

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Every champion listed above currently has a skin in development, somewhere along the pipeline. Delays and time between skins hinge on a number of factors, I'll list some particular to this list:

Urgot - Something under development, however he's shambly and we need to screw with the rig a lot.

Zed - Fairly straight forward aside from that his shadows might be something else entirely in any given skin, mandating possibly another model and particle work for that model.

Zyra - Tons of models which require animation if they're anything different than the plant rigs, lots of particle work.

Thresh - Chains.

Nami - If we change the model into a different type of fish/sea creature, that will requite custom rigging for whatever additions we make. Example, new fins/membranes need a lot of animation support. She's also very particle heavy.

Skarner - Soon(tm)

Kha'Zix - Extremely VFX heavy, evolving model, etc.

Rengar - Not sure where he's at. He's straight forward, but not terribly old.

Syndra - Heavy particle work, possibly fabric animation support depending on the theme. Doing something cosmic would most likely require model translucency and/or scrolling textures which are just now being used on some newer skins.

Viktor - Tons of particle work and a couple of models for his traps.

Vi - Fairly recent release, should be something along relatively Soon(tm)

Aside from those specifics, certain things can constrain production, mainly VFX and animation. Both of which are heavily valued when it comes what players enjoy about new skins. Both tend to be the most pinched of resources internally. Additionally, a skin for any given champion might be in production, but then an event (Lunar Revel, Harrowing, etc) might pop up on our radar and we may realize a champion would better fit there. We might put the in-progress skin on hold while we make something appropriate for an upcoming event. Happened to a concept of mine recently.

As for Rumble, which people keep bringing up, I’ll restate: He’s the equivalent to the work of a new champion. He requires a completely new rig and animation sets if he’s to be anything different than the rickety mech he’s in now. That rig doesn’t support anything to the magnitude of fan-requested ideas, or concepts players have submitted. We’re going to change his rig for his upcoming skins. One of which is currently in production, but as I said, needs heavy animation support.

Hope that helps clarify!

So vi who's been out for 6 months is getting a skin before Zyra who's been out for longer than a year now? Darius who's only a month and a half older than Zyra already has 2 skins?

.......................................................................................

Breast Sona NA

08-12-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
I made a ****ty skin for Viktor. We got him through modeling and texture and we realize, ugh, this looks terrible. We decided to reconcept with a stronger theme.

There, you can personally blame me for a Viktor skin delay. That cutting through the BS for you?

When are we getting the new Diana skin? Y'all hinted a skin for her that "skirted around the border of classy and sexy" a while back.