blitzcrank- ap or ad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

12-03-2010

so ive played blitzcrank for a few games and been doing fine as ap. the ult does really well once i get some ap

is there a reason the recommended items are basically AD? i dont really see how an ad build would work at all... all abilities scale with ap and he wont exactly win any 1v1 melee battles...

is this jus another case of riot's recommended list being terrible or am i missing something?

Yellow Jester

12-03-2010

They are both pretty much the same.

caydi

12-03-2010

His W and E scale with AD and are easy to land. Rocket Grab is hard to land, so it's hard to rely on it for damage at times, so all blitz is left with is his ult and lich bane procs.

SmecssRaege

12-03-2010

With the recent buffs to his attack speed and removal of the debuff of overdrive, massively leaning towards AD now, and thats how i play blitz personally

Kyoukishi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

AD:

atkspd and ms have had a great buff now that their is no auto-slow.
the punch deals 2x dmg, add that to crit + infinity + crit dmg you've had. i once went critting 700-900 with that. its just AP's RoA makes it easier to "tank"

LoneMyth

12-04-2010

With some good damage items, sheen can be pretty deadly. I only play him for fun, but I've been liking the manamune (helps with mana barrier and his early mana problems) and sheen combo. Your e does thrice damage instead of twice, and if you can build a late game triforce you have some pretty crazy burst with a QWER combo.

Bberger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

Mana. Get. More. Mana. Just follow the recommended items and get a Banshee's Veil as well. Sheen and Manamune are all the damage items you need.

Teuf

12-04-2010

I've gone with Sheen, Mercury's Treads, finish turning Sheen into Trinity Force and then, if the game has lasted that long, I get Infinity Edge. I've never had a game go so long that I actually get anything more than that.
I am absurdly offensive with Blitzcrank.
For ranked queuing, I go with my friend, who queues as Annie.
We collaborate to effectively kill people all the time in our laning phase. It's utterly disgusting.
The rest of the game legitimately depends on how good our team is... two people cannot carry a team of five.
My skill leveling priority is Ult > Rocket Grab > Speed Boost > Falcon Punch. (With grabbing at least one rank in Falcon Punch after the first level of Rocket Grab.)
My runes are mainly Armor Penetration and then Attack Speed... I go with Offensive Masteries.
I really don't know why more people play Blitzcrank.
He's just about one of the most effective champions there are.
He has a skill that can act as an initiator without the risk of jumping head first into the entire enemy team.
You can grab a single person, have your team light that person up, rinse and repeat until you've won the game.